Riding MBs - Necessity or Therapy ?

Today while riding on the edge of the city I saw a bald eagle flying off with a cat.
The cat wasn't moving. I've heard of these things happening before but never saw it.
Poor cat must have been on it's 9th life. OMG, I hope my 32 lb white fluffy dog is safe.

wow - that must have been - a sight to see. Takes a mighty bird to do that - and a cat that wasn't looking up at the right time !! We had a large owl here some years back - he got most of the little kitties.. While riding I have had a few close encounters with birds - haven't been hit - yet - there is that key word - YET.. Eyes open - a lot to see out there. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Today while riding on the edge of the city I saw a bald eagle flying off with a cat.
The cat wasn't moving. I've heard of these things happening before but never saw it.
QUOTE]

Wow, How much would a video of that be worth ? Amazing.

Heheh.

The question reminds me of a striking photo of an attactive woman at the beach, seagulls just over head. How was it takend? The photographer explains his subject's inherent beauty didn't do it...not or the gulls anyway. She threw scraps of bread crust in the air, and in just a few seconds, seagulls were hovering over her head.

So....maybe a trip to the humane society to get some bait...Noooo, how could I even think such a thing?!... But...it'd make a good action photo. And if you get "outed" by some self righteous aspca clerk ... you could call it ... uhhh, "Performance Art." Or, claim that the local bald eagle population was starving on account of...whatever.

Good thread, I like to take it when I can instead of the car, I like the idea of saving gas. I live a few miles inland from all the nice beaches down here in South Florida, so taking a ride along the beaches is therapy. The best part for me is I ussually draw a crowd and a lot of conversation when I stop.

Coconut, yer making my mouth water.

A breezy MBc ride along Florida beaches. This is something I must try one day. My gal is from Florida, but I've never been.

Cats eat birds...once in a while a bird eats a cat. Though I feel generally sympathetic toward cats, there's some balance in that.

Perhaps not unlike the antagonistic relationship between MBc-ers and some motorists. I'm generally sympathetic to motorists -- I have two cars, myself, but ... once in a while, some of those drivers.... well, let's say the predator-prey relationship is due for a role reversal!

Gosh, I'm starting to sound like an advocate for a merger between the MBc community and the NRA.

Let me try and set a new tone...

I can hardly wait to get my spookytooth bike, so I can take leisurely rides along which I can smell the flowers, watch the birds (hopefully not carrying off too many kittens), enjoy the blue skys and clouds, and trees, and the sound of children playing.... Oh, Hey, get outta my way, kid....

Brenton

Nice thread to come home to - learning more in regards to my fellow MB ers.. Well the little wife is getting ready to start back to school (teacher) and this time of the year brings with it - some stress here at home - and her classroom was rebuilt this summer - a lot of things to move back in.. Thought today that I would get away from it all - ESCAPE on my MB for a very long ride. Found a new to me road - way out in the country - it was great fun and I think that I will call this one - A THERAPY RIDE. Could have went to some doctors couch and paid him or her 90 dollars for a session - saved some money today - MB therapy !!! Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Could have went to some doctors couch and paid him or her 90 dollars for a session - saved some money today - MB therapy !!! Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Mountain, you saved $160!

Could be a slogan: 160 mpg beats $160 per hour.

Give us google earth fix on your new-to-you therapy road, would you?

This sounds like great fun. I'll have to look for some therapy rides, too.

Back