Riding MBs - Necessity or Therapy ?

Mountainman

Local time
4:06 PM
Well, the ordering of my little Subaru 35cc a while back was a matter of necessity - yes, got into some trouble with my drivers license. I was pretty bummed out - living up in the mountains - no public transportation. Had noticed a guy years back that had built a small MB because he had no drivers license - I thought that this may be a way to get around a little - so - placed my order. Have papers that state that I can ride my MB without a license - will see if they work if and when I get pulled over ? What I have noticed since riding is - this is a GREAT FORM OF THERAPY. Takes me back to the old days when I did much motorcycle riding. There is something (as you know) so special about getting out in the world on my little MB - cruising about at a fairly slow speed - letting that little wonder of a piston - do it's job with such little gas used - seeing all of God's wonders up close - yes God - great time to pray while riding - humble - grateful. What I have found is - riding for me is therapy - better than going to any doctor and telling them what's going on in my life - my prescription for the day is - one long MB ride. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Thats good news! Except for the losing the license part. I am in the same boat as you. Probably worse actually.
I live in the city, but I came from the country. I don't belong here. I find myself going on long cruises out on the back roads in the country. It is so nice to get out of the noisy city, and cruise around slow enjoying nature. I notice alot more things that I have never noticed when I drove on those roads. It's a heck of alot cheaper too. I can cruise around for hours and it only cost me some pocket change.
Enjoy the ride!

Well, the ordering of my little Subaru 35cc a while back was a matter of necessity - yes, got into some trouble with my drivers license. I was pretty bummed out - living up in the mountains - no public transportation. Had noticed a guy years back that had built a small MB because he had no drivers license - I thought that this may be a way to get around a little - so - placed my order. Have papers that state that I can ride my MB without a license - will see if they work if and when I get pulled over ? What I have noticed since riding is - this is a GREAT FORM OF THERAPY. Takes me back to the old days when I did much motorcycle riding. There is something (as you know) so special about getting out in the world on my little MB - cruising about at a fairly slow speed - letting that little wonder of a piston - do it's job with such little gas used - seeing all of God's wonders up close - yes God - great time to pray while riding - humble - grateful. What I have found is - riding for me is therapy - better than going to any doctor and telling them what's going on in my life - my prescription for the day is - one long MB ride. Happy Riding from - Mountainman
hey mountainman! i to have evolved from ht to subaru gebe ! i started rideing motored things at 6. my family comes from a more heroic era of cycleing & these take me back to that time!

Ahh yes mountainman. Good prescription for the spirit. When im riding out of town
I find myself stopping and looking at alot of the little things. Ant mounds to cloud
formations. Shoot, once I even found a dollar on the ground. Thats 2 tanks of gas in my MB. :D

That is great Mountainman. I live in a burb outside Nashville so there are many country roads round here. Tonight I was cruising thru a subdivision in my usual 20 mph and just the smells are amazing. Cut grass, asphalt, exhaust, and I passed a few houses where they were drying clothes - downey fabric softener I think - :rolleyes: a bit further and the farm yard animals.....

For me it is therapy but also I put some Wald folding baskets on the back and I love to cruise a 1/2 mile to the grocery store.

David

Last edited:
Hi you MB ers.. This is cool - a thread to learn a little more about why we ride -- as if we didn't know -- it's down right fun.. Yes today, just what the doctor ordered - one very, very long ride in the country. Hey, met a friend here on MB site - he may be coming down for a ride - that's just another blessing. Hoping to hear from a lot more riders. You all be safe - have a lot of fun and Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Therapy for me, and a necessity lately. It's such a mood lifter to ride the bike on long trips.

Also I meet more people since I ride a MB. Socializing is more fun now, and I meet so many cool people now and make more friends and aquaintainces, and girls in their cars flirt with me when I ride in town in the bike lanes and on sidewalks :D

Last edited:
I'm in DL trouble also. Hopefully soon I will get out of it. Now the ONLY reason I want my DL back to to have a gasser MB! Unfortunately I live in the "Die to Live Free" state where all combustion engines require a DL!

Nice post, MM, wish there were more like it.

Everybody has different reasons for wanting a MB but as I read through many posts I sometimes wonder, with the almost contant drum about speed it seems some would be happier with a motorcycle.

I am not subject to 'mission creep', I want a motor assisted bicycle and I consider the speed I would obtain by pedaling a bike to be about my target for a MB with the obvious bonus of having the motor doing much of the work for me if I want it while having the option to get exercise when that is wanted as well.

Back