Riding my 48cc to work via the Coast Hwy 101!

seahaggy

Local time
5:43 AM
I'm riding my 48cc Huffy "Good Vibrations" bike to the restaurant I work at in San Diego, CA. I use a motorcycle Helmet! I have a surfboard rack on the side for my 5'10". Life is good!

SeaHaggy

I'm in Encinitas, I'm lookin at building a motorized bike. I surf North County and also have racks am excited about it, but need some info first. What kind of bike do you have? and engine?

Ron

Hi Ron, I have a skyhawk 2 stroke engine that goes 25+ on a Huffy Good Vibrations mountainbike that has front shocks! Last April 2007 I had been researching motorized bikes on the internet when I saw one locked up and for sale across from Swami's Cafe! The engine was new and I bought it for 400. After a year and a half the vibration is too much so it needs attention to detail, like remounting the engine. I've been researching 4 stroke engines and I'm aiming to buy one of them soon! seahaggy

HI Seahag, thanks for reply. What kind of 2 stroke have you been using? Is you bike a single speed? Ever have a problem with exhast leaks, hot oil and gas blowing out the exhaust manfold? I'm told in here they all leak!! Don't want hot oil all over my stick! What kind of 4 stroke are you considering. I'm also lookin at the 4 stroke but I don't think I have enough space to mount it. I have side mount racks for my Rusty and am a bit concerned about the front bracket where the gas tank goes.

My 2 stroke is a cheap china engine I believe because I have had the oil seep out where the muffler attaches only to tighten the bolts too much and strip them! The four stroke is shown at CycleHappy.com. seahaggy

Wow, so it's true these lil engines leak! Someone on here is selling a gasket they swear well stop all leaks. He also cliams that ALL the engines blow hot oil and gas on you. Did you get this problem also? Did you get hot oil/gas on your stick? Thanks for the site info on the 4 stroke.

My 2 stroke is a cheap china engine I believe because I have had the oil seep out where the muffler attaches only to tighten the bolts too much and strip them! The four stroke is shown at CycleHappy.com. seahaggy

My 2 stroke never blew oil and gas on me! I checked the weld of where the muffler goes and it is like whobbled! I still ride it with a shortboard surfboard rack for my 5'10"! I also have a Army Recon Foldable Full Suspension bike that I'm checking into see if it could be done up with a 4 stroke!
Seahaggy

welcome! theres the seahag tavern here hwy 101 on the longbeach peninsula in wa. state. come on up for a ride seahaggy!!

Back