Riding to work

sunsetboy

Local time
6:08 PM
I just started to ride my bike to work here in San Francisco, riding from the west side to downtown via Twin Peaks, a mile and a half of nasty uphill action and the motor helps a lot! My HT (67 cc) gets me going but I do have to pedal a bit on the steeper grades due to the weight of my Felt '68 Hot Wheels cruiser and my 235lbs. fat rear end. But, it is quite manageable though I took a 3" machine screw through the rear wheel at the peak so I had to walk it home because I was just too bushed to fix the flat at the time. I hope today goes much better!:cool:

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 136
The pain of pavement

I rode home from my graveyard shift early this morning when a city bus veered into the bike lane right in front of me sending me to the ground with a nice big crash! Ouch. Fortunately I have years of road racing miles under my belt (20 years ago though) and put another road rash scar on top of another scar from years gone by. I nearly forgot about the whole crash aspect to cycling but in an urban environment during peak commute hours, is a fact of life. I urge all riders to practice caution when riding in heavy traffic and wear your helmet!:helmet:

YouTube video shot but not posted

Yesterday, I spent the day filming video of me and the monster, riding around a local parking lot. The video is in the editing process so it may take a bit to post because I'm still learning this process.:cyclist:

Back