Right Mirror?

FrizzleFried

Local time
8:25 PM
Aesthetics aside... (and ignoring my OCD which would SURELY be a tinglin')...

Make the case for a right mirror on a bike. Left? SURE! Nearly mandatory IMHO (unless riding offroad exclusively). Right? I'm not sure if I've EVER really used mine.

You?

yes...I have both and use both.....but they're cheap and not regular mirror. Panoramic stuff...distorts things.... 3" round. I am looking for 3" round mirror glass to replace these curved lens. I like the light frames even though they're cheap plastic. They absorb vibes before it gets to the mirror.

When I'm riding I'm in both mirrors as well as looking everywhere else. Even in turns I glance at the mirrors. Things happen fast....stuff comes out of nowhere...fast...even when you thought you just looked.

Vehicles seem to have need to get ahead of the bicycle. Their logic must be if a bicycle is in front of the vehicle they must be going too slow. Pass him up.

My mirrors work and I use both.

IMG_20221001_121413.jpg

You haven't ridden enough if ya think ya don't need the RH mirror
If you ride in the bike lane like a bicycle and follow all the bicycle rules you should be fine with only the LH mirror

LH/RH mirrors of course. I use em both.
When getting in the left lane ya want to see what's coming up behind you in the right lane
4 lane Roads are common here in CA.
Besides the RH mirror lets ya see more directly behind you and the LH mirror allows ya to to see more to the left while still seeing behind you There's more reassurance and ya don't have to look over your right shoulder in those instances when ya need to.

But of course when changing lanes check your mirrors and look to the side so you can see if anything is in your blind spot

In some states the Moped and M/C Law says ya just need the LH mirror. While other states say ya need the RH and LH side mirrors
DSCF3705.JPG

I've got just the LH mirror on my E bike and it's OK since I don't go over 25 MPH stay in the bike lane. - Class 2 E Bike
Besides with my E Bike I'm usually off road because that's where the fun is at :LOL:
DSCF4695.JPG

Laws are different in different state, while some states say a Moped and M/C only needs a LH mirror other states say they need both LH and RH mirrors,

In IN. the law requires you to have the LH mirror

It's up to you @FrizzleFried whatever you like

The right mirror also enables you to still see the road behind you when going around curve turning to the right.
When I am turning right, trust me when I say I wouldn't be looking at the right mirror...I'm looking to the left to see what is coming out of nowhere to hit me...lol...lol.

Back