Right On!

How difficult is it to get started on this? I have been scrolling through pages upon pages of pictures of bicycles, and a little bit more on the engines. I like the idea of the middle of the frame mounting, the chain to the rear hub. I had someone try to explain a centrifugal clutch to me, and the engagement of the motor to the rear wheel; this all seems pretty complex when compared to the apparent simplicity of the photos. I like the idea of the 49cc motor, seems pretty straightforward, but I'm 6'3, 270lbs. Will it be strong enough?
hi and welcome to MBc...well let me tell you i had no savey when i started, i have a little now,but not enough to keep mine going! thankfully enough my friend augidog and beach cruzin who is learning allot from "adog" we have come along way... you really have to understand something with either a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke...mine is a 70cc 2 stroke from one of the vendors that sponsor an add on this site...i did not have the funds for a 4 stoke nor the funds for a worksman bike which is allot stronger than your average beach cruiser which i have it cost me 190.00 for the bike and the worksman we found was 225.00 but not made in usa! if ya want a nice bike iride customs makes the brutus it's phat! i would like to buy a 4 stroke, but waiting to see the feed back on them...hopefully you know a mechanic and then a bike mechanic that can help you along...the guys and gals here will gladly oblige when you ask them nicely,lol. well good luck on all your endeavors and happy motoring...!:)

Hello

SJC, Great to meet you. I have only been here about 10 days and know just what you mean. It does seem daunting at first. (still hating acronyms, lol) But reading other folks questions answered, most of mine so far and some I didn't know I had have been answered.

Today I ordered my first thatsdax motor and bought an old 12 speed yesterday. First bike I have been on in 20 or so years. Was great fun to just peddle around town to give it a shake-down cruse.

Again, great to meet you!

welcome aboard SJC! the majority of folks on here are grown up people looking to make a motor-assist bicycle for commuting or travelling purposes. Sadly there will always be an element of the population that wants just the thrill of speed and recklessness with complete disregard to the rules, but usually those are kids and the hope is that their parents will monitor their behaviour rather than leaving it up to us to monitor who we are giving information to.

Back