Rim Brake Adjustment

YetiWoodz

Local time
9:12 PM
I have a side pull rim brake on the rear. Problem is only the top edge makes contact with the rim and so braking power is almost non existent. The angle is off, I tried angling the pads with those washers that pivot but that didn't do enough. Any ideas?
20211002_105740.jpg

20211002_105915.jpg

Attachments

• 20211002_105915.jpg
    20211002_105915.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 105
Different style pad. I had a similar issue, switched to a clear pad ( great dry stopping and ok wet) that was longer and angled a little on the stud. Found them on amazon. Was like 15 bucks for 4 pairs. I think they are bmx or something like that. Was on sale for 25% off so i tried them. They last a long while too.

Flipping them didn't work. Take the spacers out helped but not enough. Karl, if you can go into your past orders on amazon and post the link that would be awesome it sounds like I need them

I'm looking, but not seeing them. Makes me wonder where did I get them from if not amazon. I'll check my ebay, I know I got them online, they came in the mail. I swear they were a bmx, doesn't say on the pads that I can see. Just a clear pad and the stud is angled a little bit. a bevel washer might work too if I can't find where I bought these pads. It would do the same thing, and you just grind it down or file lightly till its perfect for you. Might not even have to do anything if the angle is that bad. Mine was just off a little and would squeal when I braked till the pads wore in and gripped with more of the pad. I'll see if I can find 'em though.

Do you have a welder?

I'm starting to think I got 25% off because they were defective, lol, but they worked. bwuahaha. I'm still looking

Back