Ring gap

Yes you should be able to do that if you have a relatively expensive multimeter with the correct settings.
I have a pretty good meter . Fluke. I think because the whole thing is grounded it's showing continuity and keeps beeping

Also if you use a Christmas tree bulb/led bulb they are polarity sensitive & will only light when hooked up the right way to a power source.

I was using the smaller one without that setting but the bigger one with the batteries are dead has the diode hopefully that works better

Attachments

• 20221213_132504.jpg
    20221213_132504.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 74
In theory I should be able to connect the continuity tester from ground to the ignition points wire. And when they open it should stop beeping. But the whole thing is metal and grounded so it keeps beeping.
If you can't get it, then there is this option. Replaces points and condenser.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Get one of these.
I got 5 of those free from Harbor Freight
A couple broke the first time I used em :ROFLMAO: the others finally broke too

I bought a mid range priced good one from Lowes
DSCF9519.JPG

I got 5 of those free from Harbor Freight
A couple broke the first time I used em :ROFLMAO: the others finally broke too.
Your not supposed to use them cheap meters while testing out Frankenstein's monster lightening strike that your exposing him to through the hole you made in your attic...lol...lol.

Ps...How much juice were you exposing those units to anyways???...lol...lol.

Back