Ring gap

What I meant to say was that I sanded the top of the cylinder. The flat part were the top of the piston is. .

Attachments

• 20221201_090954.jpg
    20221201_090954.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 73
What I meant to say was that I sanded the top of the cylinder. The flat part were the top of the piston is. .
Is the piston at TDC in your picture? Looks more than 2mm. You can hold the cylinder down with a couple of nuts while you're examining and measuring it.

That's why I mentioned about removing the base gaskets to get a squish gap measurement. If your squish gap tightens up & is close to specs with the gaskets removed. Then i guy can measure them 2 base gaskets & have the cylinder base adapter milled the amount the 2 base gaskets measured.

That was tdc. Here's a picture without the gasket on top of the spacer.
The other picture shows the spacing where the cylinder is a little weird. On one side I stuck the gasket in there and it didn't touch the other side I couldn't fit the gasket.

Attachments

• 20221201_112315.jpg
    20221201_112315.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20221201_112218.jpg
    20221201_112218.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 20221201_112029.jpg
    20221201_112029.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 81
On the spacer so you could see it's all scratched up. That's because I was trying to grind down the edges to make it fit that recessed part of the case with a dremel and it slipped a few times so I wasn't comfortable with that. I put a little sealer on there and there wasn't any leaks but something seems off with the spacing

Attachments

• 20221201_111951.jpg
    20221201_111951.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 80
I'll take some measurements later on today. something is off. I have a feeling it's when the machinist bored the hole. When I picked it up he gave it to me together without the bolts. When I put the bolts on it didn't line up so I had to make the holes for the bolts a little bit bigger in order to get the cylinder skirt to fit

I'll take some measurements later on today. something is off. I have a feeling it's when the machinist bored the hole. When I picked it up he gave it to me together without the bolts. When I put the bolts on it didn't line up so I had to make the holes for the bolts a little bit bigger in order to get the cylinder skirt to fit
Are you saying when machinist cut the case for your big bore airsal kit to fit case. I think case bore on them needs opened up about 1mm to use the airsal kit. If so I wouldn't think that would affect your squish gap. I guess it could if the cylinder is not true to engine case. That base plate adapter isn't hitting the case castings somewhere & not letting the cylinder set true & straight on the case is it.

The only other thing I can think of is: is the cylinder kit lip on the bottom of the cylinder hitting inside the case bore & not fully seating against the base plate adapter.

Exactly it needs to be opened 1 mm. Which he did. But when I picked up the case, he had the spacer on with the skirt inside the cylinder. It fit. Until I put the bolts on. Then it didn't fit I had to open up the bolt holes. Got it to fit That's the only thing that I can think of that's making the cylinder a little cocked.
Anyway I filed down the spacer to fit inside the recess. Now when I get home I'll take some measurements and Post them. I might as well just clean the top and the bottom of this spacer to make it nice and smooth.

Attachments

• 20221201_180219.jpg
    20221201_180219.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20221201_144517.jpg
    20221201_144517.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 67
Exactly it needs to be opened 1 mm. Which he did. But when I picked up the case, he had the spacer on with the skirt inside the cylinder. It fit. Until I put the bolts on. Then it didn't fit I had to open up the bolt holes. Got it to fit That's the only thing that I can think of that's making the cylinder a little cocked.
Anyway I filed down the spacer to fit inside the recess. Now when I get home I'll take some measurements and Post them. I might as well just clean the top and the bottom of this spacer to make it nice and smooth.
Would you take a pic of the bottom of your motomatic cylinder kit. I want to see how far the cylinder sticks down on the bottom of it. I'm wondering if he didnt bore case deep enough, & the cylinder lip is bottoming out on that step in your case on each side of the crankshaft.

Back