RIP motor bike

The Honda Navi is probably the most economical/reliable 2 wheeled transportation out there. I myself don't really like the looks of the thing, but for the price, and Honda reliability, it really can't be beat. You could come close to outfitting a decked-out motorized bicycle for the price, or even a nice standard road bicycle for that matter.

Maybe I'll start charging my E bike batteries in the fire place. can't be too care full :unsure:
When I use to fly rc electric I charged in my barbecue pit.

Never had it happen to me but videos of packs that flamed caused huge fires.

The lithium polimer packs are wrapped in aluminum foil and the tiny balance leads were all soldiered by kids next to the boys making the chinesium 2T engines.

Well the solution is even cheaper. Don't carry fire extinguisher. Just
let the fire burn out. Simple

Rad Power Bikes say's, "if dropped or the bike was in an accident replace the battery"
So I guess the leading cause of battery fires is because the battery was damaged
Or it's just a simple disclaimer so they can't be sued

BTW There has been a handful of cases were Rad Batteries caught on fire and all of them were while charging
Who's to say that the owner didn't drop the battery once or twice IDK

With a “lawnmower” engine with the cylinder mounted upright, it looks like an old style single cylinder motorcycle, which is exactly the aesthetic I’m going for with my build. For a China doll to have enough power to pull a big fella like myself around, it would have to be seriously built. Since I don’t have the skills to build them, by the time I learned how or bought one, I’d probably end up spending as much as I am on my current bike. When it comes to engines, power can be made, or it can be bought. Both are valid ways of achieving imo. But a China doll out of the box, you don’t know if it’s going to be reliable. Reliable to me is, I don’t have to replace engines every year, and I’m not constantly fixing cheap, easily broken parts. The China kits can be made reliable, but again, that costs money. I’d rather spend the money once, but that’s just me. If you like 4 strokes, cool. If you like China dolls, cool. If you like both, cool. But most of the guys talking about aesthetics have only ever seen a washing machine (huasheng) or a predator/similar engine mounted flat, which I agree is not pleasing to look at. But the cool thing about this hobby is that every bike is highly customizable, and you can make it look how you want by what you can dream up.

With a “lawnmower” engine with the cylinder mounted upright, it looks like an old style single cylinder motorcycle, which is exactly the aesthetic I’m going for with my build. For a China doll to have enough power to pull a big fella like myself around, it would have to be seriously built. Since I don’t have the skills to build them, by the time I learned how or bought one, I’d probably end up spending as much as I am on my current bike. When it comes to engines, power can be made, or it can be bought. Both are valid ways of achieving imo. But a China doll out of the box, you don’t know if it’s going to be reliable. Reliable to me is, I don’t have to replace engines every year, and I’m not constantly fixing cheap, easily broken parts. The China kits can be made reliable, but again, that costs money. I’d rather spend the money once, but that’s just me. If you like 4 strokes, cool. If you like China dolls, cool. If you like both, cool. But most of the guys talking about aesthetics have only ever seen a washing machine (huasheng) or a predator/similar engine mounted flat, which I agree is not pleasing to look at. But the cool thing about this hobby is that every bike is highly customizable, and you can make it look how you want by what you can dream up.
That's why I want to build a 4 steoke with a briggs flatty

If I am reading correctly you drive 13 miles to work one way, 26 total a day? you may be pushing it for a motorized bicycle as a daily driver, especially really cheap kits. I have several Zeda Firestorm's with hundreds of 2-7 mile trips, no engine related breakdowns. I loaned one out for the summer to my friend to use at his campground, he used it a lot, for runs to the store etc 2-3 mile trips no problems the entire summer. You may want to look into a good used, low miles Honda scooter for a daily if you cant find a decent car.
Well I'm seeing lots of people even in this forum saying 30 mi is nothing for a bike but I did have that thought the back of my head that maybe a motor just can't do that every day.

I'm definitely down to get a scooter or a moped as well. I'm not some kind of elitist but currently have been dealing with $60 here and $40 there and I don't want to become a big political post but after I pay my rent on a single wide one bedroom trailer have to size of the one that my baby mama and ex fiance kicked me out of that has my name on it. I barely have money to pay for the electric bill and put gas in my van that I drive every day and I did get a female friend to move in and help with bills thinking that was going to be great and I don't what 401k money I had into a vehicle that did not work out trying to save it by putting another motor in it.. Long story short, don't buy a Mercedes Benz smart for two.

I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima that I believe has a motor that failed. I pulled it from a junkyard and did a timing chain replacement and had it running good for about 2 months and then it did a full hard stop on me. Unfortunately I just can't afford hundreds of dollars to put into something right now and I don't have a place to do the work. I had to rent a stall at the local army base which required towing the first go around and I just can't afford all of that this time around. There's just no spare money left nowadays.

It may have a lot to do with the fact that my motors are coming off of Amazon because I hear people saying get a. Phantom which to my understanding can be bought at like an dedicated website.

Honestly, I had tried to find maybe a two piston motor so that it was a bit more even and had maybe slightly more power but I can't find one of those things anywhere. I don't know that they exist.

I do apologize for the wall of text and I appreciate everyone that's read the whole thing for me. Ultimately, it came down to a financial move to try to rescue us ourselves that having something extremely cheap to hold me through till taxes came in and it just seemed like a light at the end of the tunnel these come across as a very amazing machine.

Back