Risky's 2008 Ambassador II Whizzer Rebuild

Fork seals and dust boot
NE-5 Fork seals are 26mm x 37mm x 10.5 mm
So 1mm bigger would be 27mm x 38mm x 10.5mm
Search by size and I'm sure you'll find them
Upgrade maybe?

Upgrade maybe?

Great suggestion and price. Using alternative forks will be a challenge as all of the font end parts, including brakes and wheel are unique to the Whizzer and in this case, even more "unique" to the Ambassador... hence my small problem. I am going to assemble it with the existing forks and seals and see how the front end responds. I need to get this bike back together with the parts and upgrades I have and see where I am at with performance and investment at that point. Then I will need to decide what if any changes / upgrades I make on it and whether I want to keep it in the fleet for a while or sell it.

Seals and Wipers…. Turns out the Ambassador forks are bigger by 1mm so NE5 parts I have won’t fit… and no one has them… Wayne wants $200 plus shipping for new fork set ….😒
Is the 1mm bigger just the ID = 27mm x 37mm x 10.5mm I see them on amazon

IMO replace the fork seals before ya put the forks back together

Well yesterday was Prime day, today was base and clear.... OMG! 93 degree Southwest Florida heat is not place to be painting but I pulled it off using my Wagner Spray Tent. Good Think I bought a professional respirator... the cotton filters are full of paint.... what your lungs look like if you paint without one! New harbor freight gun failed midway through he base coat.. trigger would not pull the spring loaded pin back due to fault shape of trigger so I put a piece of wood between the inside of the handle and the pin to more positively push it in. Wasted an hour on that one. Thought I was never going to survive the heat. Had to really pace my self to keep from getting heat stroke. Gallon of water and many breaks into the house for 10 minutes between coats to cool down and get my heart rate under 110. I am too old for marathons Ike this anymore.... wanted to give up... did not get to clear coat until 4:00 and took the tent down at 8:00...... So my $100 of professional paint worked better than it could have... when I put the first coat on it was not looking to promising, but after 3 coats and rescued by the clear coat, it will be decent when rubbed out in a week. That frame was a BTC! Good news is, it is done.. was looking for more of a burgundy but this has much more red to it... but darker than the Gator whizzer...Missed paint on a few edges, but primary grey is a good contrast.....more to come.

Attachments

• IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1367.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1369.jpg
    IMG_1369.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 31
Well yesterday was Prime day, today was base and clear.... OMG! 93 degree Southwest Florida heat is not place to be painting but I pulled it off using my Wagner Spray Tent. Good Think I bought a professional respirator... the cotton filters are full of paint.... what your lungs look like if you paint without one! New harbor freight gun failed midway through he base coat.. trigger would not pull the spring loaded pin back due to fault shape of trigger so I put a piece of wood between the inside of the handle and the pin to more positively push it in. Wasted an hour on that one. Thought I was never going to survive the heat. Had to really pace my self to keep from getting heat stroke. Gallon of water and many breaks into the house for 10 minutes between coats to cool down and get my heart rate under 110. I am too old for marathons Ike this anymore.... wanted to give up... did not get to clear coat until 4:00 and took the tent down at 8:00...... So my $100 of professional paint worked better than it could have... when I put the first coat on it was not looking to promising, but after 3 coats and rescued by the clear coat, it will be decent when rubbed out in a week. That frame was a BTC! Good news is, it is done.. was looking for more of a burgundy but this has much more red to it... but darker than the Gator whizzer...Missed paint on a few edges, but primary grey is a good contrast.....more to come.
Looks good to me. As long as it looks good 20 feet away going 20mph lol

That's a little bit nicer than a 20/20 paint job , She's starting to look like new again (y)
Thanks Buddy... I missed on the color choice. custom mix was $75 a pint vs. $30, so I Picked a GM color from a small square, when I first looked at it was too red so he "darkened" it...but now that it is dry almost identical to the Gator not burgundy as I was after! Which is a great color anyway. Just need to let it cure so I can buff the specs out of it. The environment and all of the staging of so many parts, I realized when I finished that it could have been a disastrous result with all of the variables.... so I am happy for sure.

After the Clear dried for a week, a closer look suggested I fire up the paint booth yesterday and wet sand 1000 grit and re coat the fenders with two more layers... was way too windy and blew my tent over before I could pull the trigger. But some 5 gallon buckets of water held it down long enough to shoot it... got some specs in the second coat, but thick enough now to buff out next week.

Also Got my cylinder with new head and valves and 25mm intake back from Mr. Q yesterday. 3 month wait looks worth it. Re assembly should start next week... fingers crossed!

Attachments

• 74044443836__5000D687-9175-4020-AA89-A7FB138980C7.jpg
    74044443836__5000D687-9175-4020-AA89-A7FB138980C7.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 11
After the Clear dried for a week, a closer look suggested I fire up the paint booth yesterday and wet sand 1000 grit and re coat the fenders with two more layers... was way too windy and blew my tent over before I could pull the trigger. But some 5 gallon buckets of water held it down long enough to shoot it... got some specs in the second coat, but thick enough now to buff out next week.

Also Got my cylinder with new head and valves and 25mm intake back from Mr. Q yesterday. 3 month wait looks worth it. Re assembly should start next week... fingers crossed!
Your ambassador is gonna look like my NE-R
DSCN3176.jpg

Back