road bike or moutain bike

hheltzer

Local time
2:30 AM
hey, i am putting a motor on a bicycle, i was just wondering if i should put the motor on a road bike or a moutain bike? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? which is better?

hey, i am putting a motor on a bicycle, i was just wondering if i should put the motor on a road bike or a moutain bike? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? which is better?

If you are talking about a cruiser (road bike) or a mountain bike, I have both, that is to say I have the cruiser and my son the mountain bike. I like the cruiser, and I'm going to put a shift kit on it. I already have the rear cassette on the bike at the moment and at the time I put the shift kit on I'll do the dérailleur. Straight stock bike I feel the mountain bike is better in case you need to peddle... for me I'm not going to peddle these hills for so much as 5 minutes. I'm 63, own a cell phone, have both a Yukon and a Dodge 2500..... I'll play like ET....I'll "Phone Home"

Last edited by a moderator:
well you can,the engine fits on easy,but i don't like the skinny *** tires and belive if you hit a bump there gos your tires and up over the handle bars you go.Where a helmet and ride safe.

Yes i belive if it is faster than a regualar bike before you put a motor on, than it would also be faster after putting one on. Also if its lighter it will be faster.

Probally not, but in would probally take off a little faster and have a little more top speed.
I wouldn't use a road bike unless you already ride one.

yeah i have a trek 820, which is a heavy steel bike? will this bike be fine for a motirzed bike/?

Back