Road Rage!

I thought you found the other side of the story on that cycling site...

I read some threads about other cars but no mention of Motoredbikes.
It's frustrating reading a forum though that you can't reply to.

There is one thing I really really dislike out there.
Joggers and maintenance workers with their iPods jamming away.
You can yell till tomorrow and they don't know your coming.
I stopped right in front of this dude with a leaf blower and he went "WOAH! SORRY DUDE! I DIDN'T SEE YOU."
So I was like "It's cool but you gotta watch out for us,guy and keep your headphones down."
Then this Jogger near cold clocked me with his hand weights swinging around like that really does something I'm screaming bloody murder as I passed him and nearly got a face full with that weight and startled him something fierce.
Headphones blasting.
I simply don't understand people sometimes.

"I simply don't understand people sometimes.".......ya gotta appreciate most ppl are idiots,so with everything u do u always allow for the "idiot factor".............allow heaps. :)

thats stickin it to the man, go large.
i had some guy open his door when i was riding in that area.
street was narrow.
i said oi,
then i gave him the finger.

i was on a standard cycle, not my MB.

Peoples Inattention, I call them "air-heads", you know the types when you talk to them and they don't know what's really happening on the moment of things.
The other day in the news, ( which I don't LISTEN to, but kind of glance at the headlines and mute the ads. and wait for sports news though. Go da Blues !)
there was a report about some dude getting knocked over by one of our city's new silent electric trams.

I hear later or the next day I think it was, the pedestrian's excuse was he or she did not hear the tram approaching.

If MP3 players are the excuse of not hearing traffic approaching, then who is the blame ?

It's illegal to wear headphones while operating a vehicle. So no music for us but if your walking you can listen to music all you want. You can wear headphones while operating a vehicle if you only have one ear covered.

I see a connection between the headphones and one of the things that I hate about the modern world; traffic. In this society, one really almost has to have and use an automobile.
And people seem to regard their cars as an extension of themselves and as a mirror of how they would like the world to perceive them. And yet so many of them simply refuse to bother to drive responsibly. A car is able to do as much damage as an artillery shell. Little kids can play in their front yards, but if they step across the line a horrible, violent death is a real possibility. Yet the cagers seem to think that if they are not moving as fast as is physically possible on a particular road, then they are somehow being screwed.

With mp3 players people go walking around in traffic or bike paths where they might well step in front of a bicycle because they didn't bother to look back, etc. mp3 players are great if you are knocking about your house. But out in the world of bicycles, cars, trucks, busses, not to mention muggers, wearing one is insane.

hi guys; it is hard to keep up with these whipper-snappers now their heads are full of music and they are texting, why when i was young -------

Great stories here; fortunately, I have not had any run-ins with roadies, pedestrians, or cars--mostly people have just been highly interested--but I mostly keep it on the streets, too, and try to stay off the bike paths if possible.

I wear noise cancelling ear-bud head-phones when riding my bike.
Seinheisen do the best pair of these for about $80 AU.

It basically means I don't get deafened by my bike.
I can still hear the bike, and other noises,
but its at a dull roar.

I use a rear view optical mirror, so I can see whats in front and behind me.

just like other areas of life,
the MP3 players are not intrinsically evil,
its being ignorant that is...

This isn't worth a new thread but I thought I would share this.
Today I was riding along on the bike trail when I see this cop car up ahead pulling into the bike trail. Then he turned on his lights. So there I was thinking. "Man. Here we go. I've been getting away with it this long. I bet someone complained about me and here I am all busted." So I engine up to the cop forgetting to pedal mind you pointing at myself as if to say "me?"
Dudes. He seen me riding my bike with engine,okay? There are signs everywhere saying no motorized vehicles.
He just waves at me and passes me. I'll say this again.
He just waves at me and passes me. It was all like slow motion,man.
Then I just stood there for what seemed like an eternity then I said "Colorado Cops RULE!"

So why did he just pass me?
Do I have a certain look about me?
Do I look so ridiculous as to be not a threat?
I'm kind of a bit upset now lol.

Back