Road Rage!

L

Large Filipino

Today it was pretty hot out but I was on Cronus so it didn't feel hot at all. But like roadies were feeling it.
I was well away from Downtown coming back from my 54 miler when this older gray headed guy in a roadie bike blocks my path. So I was like "Hey. What are you doing?" And he got on his cell phone and was saying "I have a man here with a motor riding the trails!!" and he wouldn't let me pass. So I started screaming at him. "IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU? DON'T YOU SEE I'M ON A BICYCLE?"
"NO!! YOU HAVE AN ENGINE!!"
So I RIPPED my shirt off and said "DO YOU SEE THESE SCARS? I HAD A QUINTUPLE BYPASS! DO YOU THINK I COULD RIDE MY BIKE WITHOUT MY HELPER ENGINE OUT HERE? AND I'M 250 POUNDS! AND I PAYED FOR THESE TRAILS JUST LIKE YOU!"
He just stood there.
"LET ME PASS!!"
Man.
You know,I am MORE than courteous to everyone on the trails. COPS even wave at me when I wave at them on the trails.
Maybe it was the heat.
But man I wanted to step off my bike.
I'm glad I showed some restraint.
Other than that,what a ride!

Most roadies I see have nothing to say to me. Some will smile and/or wave back. But these JUDGMENTAL TYPES need to be careful out there.
I could have been a crazy lunatic.
What really amazed me was there was NO ONE ELSE around for miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!! You really painted a good "word picture"

Wonder if there's a roadie forum with his side of the story, that would be funny too.

I was riding my bike downtown on J street. I was riding down the sidewalk slowly. At a red light there was this guy on a mountain bike who wouldn't let me pass him after it turned green, when I could pass he tried to kick at me! and he yelled something, I don't remember what it was, I asked what was his problem was and sped off. I don't like to deal with crack heads.

Roadies are just jealous.

I had a similar situation day before yesterday. Oddly it was a gentleman old enough to be cool about things. He tried to force me into traffic as we were riding along. I stopped and walked up to him and asked if his leotards were in a bunch. He hopped on his bike and rode off as some high school kids booed him. What a jerk....still don't see what his problem was.

Denny

Large:
What was the end of the story....did he finally let u pass....did u eventually go around him.............hey did u brutally kill him & bury his snotty/lifeless corpse in an unmarked grave? ;)

bikers (of any kind) or not - some people are just a**holes
Just try to stay out of trouble. Unfortunately there are too many lunatics out there these days.

Ride Safe

Glenn

When I yelled at him to let me pass he did. Then I stopped about 20 feet afterwards by a bench that's just out there and told him "Tell your cop on the phone I'll be eating my lunch at the park 2 miles north." Then I ate my lunch at the park 2 miles north and hanged there for 30 minutes.
No cops.
I really didn't believe he was telling a cop on his phone "Motor Bicycle on trail arrest him!"
Maybe he was senile.

Large Denver has a policy of being friendly towards scooters and such if your not being an idiot, its the green liberal thing ya know. I hope theyre that way out here in jeffco but well see.

It amazes me that a tired roadie would even consider an altercation with a refreshed motored biker, not only that but we generally outweigh them considerably!:eek:

Back