Road side motorized-bike scrapping?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
8:08 AM
I just took a ride with my neighbor and guess what I found a 1 pound 2.7 ounce piece of copper wire sitting on the side of the road. Well a free $1.90. I wonder if it would be possible to mount a tote on a pannier and collect cans, bits of metal and stuff.

I used to scrap. thought about that, pull a trailer with a big magnet on a swing arm. visit industrial areas and railroad tracks,, pick up all sorts of steel.
one time I found an aluminum truck head. it scrapped for $65

It was funny because the copper was just on a back road. I think some good spots are around railroads where there's alot of spikes and plates. Brass and copper is best though. I wouldn't get on the tracks bagging them though those guys in the trucks that go on the rails might get angry. I'm not sure if they ever come and collect the unused or discarded iron but it seems to just sit there.

Train hoppers call them guys Bulls and they usually are assholes from my experience
Yeah in nj we have lots of discarded rail laying around. They weigh 40lbs/ft x 40ft long so bring a angle grinder!!!!!
I did steel some 20lbs of steel once lying around there.... And one guy a construction guy gave me about 200lbs of angle iron....
My next heist I think is going to be some abandoned railroad ties. Anyone know what they weigh and how to remove the creosote??

Careful, don't jump too far ahead now. Your last heist was 20lbs of scrap steel. You oughta be living fat off that one!

They might be onto you.
yeah is was about 1ft of I beam. a flange from a steel beam approx 1.25" thick. Basically its almost like some steel plate thats 1.25" thick, plan on using it for a hydraulic press plate where u put the thing u want to crush on. A bunch of various steel tube and angle iron....More like 50lbs now that i think about it....

I just took a ride with my neighbor and guess what I found a 1 pound 2.7 ounce piece of copper wire sitting on the side of the road. Well a free $1.90. I wonder if it would be possible to mount a tote on a pannier and collect cans, bits of metal and stuff.
You could just scrap all the bikes and engines you have ruined...

Back