Road side motorized-bike scrapping?

yeah is was about 1ft of I beam. a flange from a steel beam approx 1.25" thick. Basically its almost like some steel plate thats 1.25" thick, plan on using it for a hydraulic press plate where u put the thing u want to crush on. A bunch of various steel tube and angle iron....More like 50lbs now that i think about it....
yeah when i was just on spring break in the airport i found a bolt on the trip laying around on a table, it was stainless steel so its more valuable. and i took a 1/4-11 nut off a sign as it was loose like 1/2 inch-lb, but lost it through security. I also managed to find a steel pipe (4" diameter with 1/8" wall) with a base welded on and a little handle thing on top which i am gonna use as a crucible when i start casting aluminum and maybe copper, which will prolly be next year as i am busy enough already. un fortunately i cant cast steel with it as its made of steel and will melt (duh), i heard u need tungston or titanium to cast steel which is xpensive. when i was in the grand canyon i unbolted some of the angle iron for the bridges and took the nuts as they were fingertight.... beware before i unbolt your house.... below is everything i found off bridges in the grandcanyon, even a cut off from the gausset plate lol...

oh it's great to find stuff you might use than get it for the metal weight. like I see threaded things, shafts, little steel plates I might need for stuff down the road.
on a side note, what happened to all those cast iron anvils they made since 1900? you can't get em now, just steel ones

Where i live they only give $9 a hundred but that's for cast iron not steel. That's why guys have to have big dually trucks with an added trailer to earn a profit. Then usually you have to drive a long way for pickups and if they don't have much the fuel isn't worth burning. Most I've gotten was like $59 for random stuff I accumulated but usually around the $40 range. You could make more money getting free mowers and fixing them unless you have some scrap sources.

Where i live they only give $9 a hundred but that's for cast iron not steel. That's why guys have to have big dually trucks with an added trailer to earn a profit. Then usually you have to drive a long way for pickups and if they don't have much the fuel isn't worth burning. Most I've gotten was like $59 for random stuff I accumulated but usually around the $40 range. You could make more money getting free mowers and fixing them unless you have some scrap sources.
yeah i got a treadmill motor for free. what should i do w/ it

oh see if you can make a generator from it. dc motors are good for that. but there's magnets and copper in it

oh see if you can make a generator from it. dc motors are good for that. but there's magnets and copper in it
would it generate dc or ac power when turned?? i was thinking bandsaw or drill press with variable speed control which is y use treadmill motor instead of using a vsd and an ac motor take 120, transformer to 90, and then bridge rectifier to dc.

show a pic. there might be a code or clues what it's specs are but I think treadmill motors are mostly DC bcs they like to use them for wind/water turbine generators
here's a link to something you could do like that - youtube.com/watch?v=24qx9rLWZsQ

Back