road trip success

A-TownTX

Local time
5:59 PM
I had just made a long tripfrom austin to killeen and i am so happy that i made it w/no problems .

Now that's my kind of ride! That's about 70 miles each way? details about your bike/engine setup please. If u want to go on another long ride, give me a PM.

trip

the engine is a 2 stroke silver slant skyhawk. i had no problem w/the engine though i do believe I may have put too much grease in the inner clutch when i tightened it and am not sure if its gonna take care of its self in time or do I have to replace somethin cuz its hard to start it now it takes longer to start but it finallly starts.

how long have you have you had it and is itbroke in? I got a got a 415 chain and had very little problem since so just keep it maintained screw tight and proper oil and it should be fine.

the longest i've ever taken my frame mount 66cc chinagirl was 21 miles on the stock tank. did u just carry a bottle of 2-stroke oil and mix fuel along the way? i wouldn't have the guts to take her out for that kind of distance without multiple stops along the way to cool her off. my hat's off to you, pal.

me and a buddy were suppose to go on a road trip last weekend but he backed out on me the night before. the plan was 241 miles each way. drive there on a friday and back on a sunday. would have been awesome.

Once my bike has "settled", I want to ride between Milwaukee and Janesville, about 80 miles. I've got a large enough gas tank where I could nearly make the round trip on one tankful. I wouldn't go roundtrip without refilling, but it would be close.

My good friend Hawaii Ed and I started a circle island bike ride in 2009. We did the east/west portion, which might've been a 50-mile trek. The north/south ride is next. It is probably another 50-mile route.

My Diamondback bike is ready to roll. We're waiting up on Hawaii Ed's new engine to arrive and get dialed in.:devilish:

Back