Road Trip!!

Never heard of the chain wrapping the axle, must have been too loose that rarely happens. I like about a half inch of chain movement when you push it with your finger. A proper chain tension is needed. The ones with a skateboard wheel and spring are good they mount on the sprocket cover. Not sure how it would wrap the axle and bend it usually a chain will break before it comes off the sprocket unless a tooth breaks and derails the chain.

Hi all , just wondering . I do not have an engine kit yet, or a bike to put it on for that matter. So I have no experience with a gas bike.
How reliable are these bikes in general?
Could you but a rear rack and some saddle bags, and some camping gear. And ride around for three or four weeks. Putting on 50 to 100 miles a day. Or would this Chinese stuff start falling apart?
Thanks for your time. Just thinking out loud!
Keep looking up! Ken.
B
You could but right off the bat your gonna need a tool bag with 8m 10m wrenches spare inner tubes cuz once you hit a nail rips the tube all the way through can't patch, also spare bolts 2 of everything on your bike they may vibrate lose and you'll lose them with replacement store 40 miles in either direction spare CDI too also spare spokes with a sprocket puller to replace spokes if you don't have dependable mag rims, cuz the luggage will find a way in snap them out and I would stop for bike inspection every 30 minutes helps cool and save the motor while look for road shake down's gonna be a problem.

Forget the cheap 2 strokes. You’re not going to want to listen to a morini dirt bike motor so a 4 stroke it is. Go with something big. Like an 80cc. Maybe a Lifan.

My Zeda does like 42 mph on a flat but I’d be stuck doing like 25 if I threw some hills and stop signs in there. It’s just not enough power. I’d want to be able to cruise at 35-40 the whole way.

Get some 3” tires. Suspension fork for sure. A board track type or motorcycle seat.

Forget the cheap 2 strokes. You’re not going to want to listen to a morini dirt bike motor so a 4 stroke it is. Go with something big. Like an 80cc. Maybe a Lifan.

My Zeda does like 42 mph on a flat but I’d be stuck doing like 25 if I threw some hills and stop signs in there. It’s just not enough power. I’d want to be able to cruise at 35-40 the whole way.

Get some 3” tires. Suspension fork for sure. A board track type or motorcycle seat.
Who are you talking to? :p

Believe it or not the first motorized vehicle to cross the United States from NY to San Fransisco was a motorized pedal assisted bicycle in the year 1903.

I assume 2 stroke in which to preserve the motor shut it down every half hour a 4 stroke once every hour but a 4 stroke is is only doing 15 to 23 MPH while a 2 stroke is doing 20 to 30 MPH balance it out on distance X's velocity X's other factors.

Which was a wise choice since a gas station in those days were just an experiment took the guy 50 days to cross how many miles did he pedal to the nearest gas station? How many miles were dirt roads how many flats and breakdowns don't know, but the guy wrote a book on about his faintly historic journey. He did not get enough publicity for, I got the same s**t problem.

I forgot the guys name have to look it up again his book might be very interesting to read.

Last edited:
I would look into getting a zeda motor for a long ride. I've put on alot of miles on my old engine. She finally bit the bullet a few days after Christmas, but just before Christmas i pulled off an 80mile ride from Escondido to Costa mesa, and then rode the Santa Ana river trail another 60 miles Christmas day,. I really got my money's worth for that engine and upgraded to a zeda 80 5.5hp. It really rips now. Also if you find that guys name, the one from 1903, I'd love to give that a read.

Back