Road Trip!!

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=296 If you read the hole story, there weren't many roads. Just wagon trails with deep ruts. Most of his riding was on rail tracks, the wood ties as a road. He broke handlebars, flat tires, and all the trouble he had with the leather belt drive, all caused layovers. Need to read the hole story to get the true appreciation of what he went through to get there.

If i were going to take a trip, would use a older Briggs 3 hp. Made to run all day with governor, at 3,600 with belt drive like a Whizzer......Curt

I would look into getting a zeda motor for a long ride. I've put on alot of miles on my old engine. She finally bit the bullet a few days after Christmas, but just before Christmas i pulled off an 80mile ride from Escondido to Costa mesa, and then rode the Santa Ana river trail another 60 miles Christmas day,. I really got my money's worth for that engine and upgraded to a zeda 80 5.5hp. It really rips now. Also if you find that guys name, the one from 1903, I'd love to give that a read.
Riding the santa anna river trail is a blast, but them spandex riders get pissed.

Riding the santa anna river trail is a blast, but them spandex riders get pissed.
Screw the spandex riders, they got security now, after 5 or 6 o'clock some rent-a-cops drive down the trail all slow

Back