Robert has belt drive kits now

bolt on a metal disc to be safer shouldn't be hard. I'll have to get one of these and mess with it for my next HT bike

bolt on a metal disc to be safer shouldn't be hard. I'll have to get one of these and mess with it for my next HT bike

Should also be fastened close to the outer edge to prevent flex, in a few spots. Run into that with my mower deck when it started to get lose. ........Curt

I still don't see it working without flanges on the pulleys. Just an RCH of misalignment and the belt is gonna throw itself off. The flanged tensioner isn't enough to keep it in line. I think a better way would be a multi-V belt with a stiff tension spring to prevent slipping.

Cam belts on DOHC car engines run for 60k plus at much higher levels of power transfer without any need for side flanges.

I still don't like the flush rear gear without any lip for the belt.

If your engine+sprocket alignment is not perfect, or the hub comes out of alignment, you could have the belt move off the gear even a little and chew itself up.

That's true, but the same with chain. If it is not right you will have execs ware, also with flanges, they could also have were on the belts......Curt

there's a lot in that vid not being said. I just think as is, alignment is critical - not good with a rag joint, so you need a disc brake wheel + a lot of ppl will have to get another belt.

this made me look at normal belt drive trains. Gates has a good standing in that for the right hand side. I'm sure others we haven't heard about has motorized belts for bikes

Now you've got me drooling over a belt drive for my nexus hub... thanks a lot. Good thing they are very much out of my price range or it would be a splurge buy... It would hook right up to my shift kit without any fuss. Now i'm looking to see if there are belt options for all 3 of my chains (not v belt).

Now you've got me drooling over a belt drive for my nexus hub... thanks a lot. Good thing they are very much out of my price range or it would be a splurge buy... It would hook right up to my shift kit without any fuss. Now i'm looking to see if there are belt options for all 3 of my chains (not v belt).
Maybe this will help, just about anything you want.............Curt http://www.sdp-si.com/products/Timing-Belt-Pulleys/index.php

Back