ROBIN EH035-where to get one!!

spokedjoke

Local time
2:38 AM
I believe 4 stroke is for me and the robin is known for its reliability, which is what i need. The only problem is availability online because I cant source one locally here. Anyone know a place online that's not staton or golden eagle? Perhaps a dealer in Northern WI?

Why wouldnt you want to get one from Staton????I bought mine there and I recieved it 2 days after I ordered it....Its a great engine,super quiet,smooth and plenty of power for my GEBE kit....
John

You can find your local official Subaru Robin dealer thru Robin America's site. I haven't priced one in a while, but Staton used to undercut my local dealer, selling at list price, by more than $35.00 to $40.00 for an EHO 35. They also sell several larger than stock fuel tanks, a worthwhile addition to any bike intended to be ridden for any distance. I used both the 3/4 and 1/2 gallon tanks on different bikes.

In my experience, you can trust Dave Staton to be true to his word, to treat his customers fairly, and to ship in a timely fashion. Sometimes he doesn't ship the cheapest possible method, but he will ship via a reliable shipper.

sometimes you get lucky on fleabay, and looking at my lil LEHR 25cc... its a huasheng

im fairly certain huasheng has a 25 and a 35 listed on their site... may be an issue though, i doubt theyll sell single units :(

direct copy of a RS

everyone recommends staton in the US.

im not in the US, and have to pay twice what you guys do. despite the fact our dollars stronger than yours. so stop whining, and just order one from staton.

I just bought my from Staton two weeks ago and I am satisfied. Mike

Ya I figured it was going to be hard to beat statons shipping and price, i just wish BMP had their stuff figured out cause I like the idea of user replaceable bearings in the friction drive. plus it's cheaper.

Well, bmp never sold engines and at the last they were not a lot cheaper when you add in you had to buy the throttle and kill switch separate. Those come with the purchase at Staton. If bmp ever gets going again, who knows what they'll be charging.

BTW, I don't think you'll need to but should you ever have to, the bearings are replaceable with the Staton FD kits. IMO it's been overstated that that's a problem.

Staton sells the engine by itself. You don't need to buy an entire kit from them. Most companies sell kits with or without engines. I bought new high quality SKF bearings from a local bearing dealer who was happy to press them in for me for free when the bearings in my Staton friction drive kit got noisy. I hammered the old ones out.

Last edited:
Back