Rock solid new turbo kits

I've also bolted on their reed valve intake and it works a treat.
I've done a pictorial review of the installation elsewhere on the web.

send me a pm if you want a link.

ps turbo's and superchargers are also going to be released. The development work has been done, not to mention electronic fuel injection.

Rock Solid Engines is leading the way with this kind of technical evolution.

I just fitted a rocksolid pull start last night, not sure how long the cord will last with their hi comp head fitted, takes a good quick pull to turn it over but it fits & works well. Will order reeds next week, I already emailed Tony. I do want to keep the mikuni so will have to do something there, maybe cut the existing carb mount off & weld on one to suit, angled to mount the carb level if nescessary. Cheers

im working on a small turbo for a 66cc im just worried the extra air wont burn to hot and kill the motor. let me know what u guys think

@ choppermke

If you are working on a turbo for the 66cc then i'm hoping you are working on an exhaust power valve for the 66cc engine to stop the air/fuel charge walking straight out the exhaust.

i was looking to try and combine it with the exspansion chamber. but im starting to rethink the desing. im thinking it is gana be to impracticle for the bikes, but do u think that ram air would wash evey thing into the exahust

Turbo's r designed to work on 4 strokes but due to the way in which 2 strokes operate a turbo charger is not suitable, especially with an expansion chamber. Expansion chambers use sound pressure waves (both negative & positive) to produce a positive, or "super" charge in the combustion chamber. Yes, a turbo would just blow the air/fuel mixture out the exhaust & the exhaust turbine would make it impossible for the exhaust to scavenge & then positively charge the combustion chamber. Cheers

Also, think what a positively charged crankcase would do to transfer exit velocity, which is an important part of overall 2 stroke design. This is why its possible to go too far when raising crankcase compression ratio's. The actual pressure created during crankcase compression is really quite low. Cheers

Turbo's r designed to work on 4 strokes but due to the way in which 2 strokes operate a turbo charger is not suitable, especially with an expansion chamber. Expansion chambers use sound pressure waves (both negative & positive) to produce a positive, or "super" charge in the combustion chamber. Yes, a turbo would just blow the air/fuel mixture out the exhaust & the exhaust turbine would make it impossible for the exhaust to scavenge & then positively charge the combustion chamber. Cheers

Turbo function even on two-stroke! Now it's in Swedish but, used on snowmobiles http://www.tikka.se/default.asp?ID=80&menu_item=80

http://translate.google.se/translat...//www.tikka.se/default.asp?ID=80&menu_item=80

Back