RockSolidEngines billet head.

EnFlaMEd

Local time
11:36 AM
Hey people. I just received the new head for my bike today. Its a performance billet head manufactured by RockSolidEngines.com.au

http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au...category_id=15&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I thought I would create this thread just to let people know how I go with the installation and what difference it makes. Here are a couple of pics I took after opening the package today. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have some results.

The head is going on my Skyhawk GT5 "80cc"/66cc

Looks impressive,hope it fits ok....by all means let us know what u think.

Hey people. I just received the new head for my bike today. Its a performance billet head manufactured by RockSolidEngines.com.au

http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au...category_id=15&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I thought I would create this thread just to let people know how I go with the installation and what difference it makes. Here are a couple of pics I took after opening the package today. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have some results.

The head is going on my Skyhawk GT5 "80cc"/66cc

i like you have a rocksolid motor
its only the hp1 50cc but the head , clutch cover an arm an inlet all billet parts ohh its running a poo poo long street exhaust ..
with orig rocksolid exhaust it goes 64kmh
with poo poo its only 55kmh

Wow that sounds nice. My engine is actually just a skyhawk gt5. The only other mods I have are a SBP expansion pipe and a boost bottle. With the SBP shift kit I can currently get around 55kmh top speed. It will be interesting to see what difference this head makes with an unported engine. If I had known about rocksolids engines before I ordered mine I definately would have bought from them. Not that Ive had any bad experiences with mine I just would have liked the ported package.

Well, using the supplied gasket and nuts I fitted the new head in about 5 minutes. I turned the engine over a few times and then pulled the plug to check for fouling. Unfortunately the plug tang had made slight contact with the piston and had bent toward the electrode leaving a miniscule gap but not enough to be safe or provide spark. On Tony from rocksolids advice I shaved the electrode, sidecut the tang and re gapped. I re checked for fouling and no problems.

The first thing I noticed on starting the engine was that it was much harder to pedal start due to the increased compression but when she fired up I nearly popped a mono. The engine sounds much smoother and runs nicer. Its almost like these engines where designed to run at a higher compression. I havent had a chance to take the bike for a decent ride due to the weather but a quick run up the road and back and I have noticed a definate gain in performance. The engine is significantly stronger and I am now able to climb hills in higher gear. The bike accelarates quicker, pulls easier from everywhere in the rpm range and holds higher speeds easier. I can pretty much make it the entire way up my driveway now without pedalling. My driveway is very steep and some cars stuggle to make it up. I'll get some more footage when the weather permits but for now you can compare the engine note with how it used to be and how it is now. So far I am impressed.

Before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWzteAXOstE

After: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlg3jUYjyM

If u get in the experimental mood remove the washer from an old plug(or fab one) & add it to an unshaved plug....see how that clears.

BTW...your bike sounds deeper,less 2-stroke.

I might give that a shot fetor56. I did try to get a shim for the plug but I could only find them in packets to do an entire v8 and at $48 I couldn't really justify the expense :p Might try a few other stores when I get the chance but its hard with no transport other than my bike and the way the weather is at the moment.

Well, using the supplied gasket and nuts I fitted the new head in about 5 minutes. I turned the engine over a few times and then pulled the plug to check for fouling. Unfortunately the plug tang had made slight contact with the piston and had bent toward the electrode leaving a miniscule gap but not enough to be safe or provide spark. On Tony from rocksolids advice I shaved the electrode, sidecut the tang and re gapped. I re checked for fouling and no problems.

The first thing I noticed on starting the engine was that it was much harder to pedal start due to the increased compression but when she fired up I nearly popped a mono. The engine sounds much smoother and runs nicer. Its almost like these engines where designed to run at a higher compression. I havent had a chance to take the bike for a decent ride due to the weather but a quick run up the road and back and I have noticed a definate gain in performance. The engine is significantly stronger and I am now able to climb hills in higher gear. The bike accelarates quicker, pulls easier from everywhere in the rpm range and holds higher speeds easier. I can pretty much make it the entire way up my driveway now without pedalling. My driveway is very steep and some cars stuggle to make it up. I'll get some more footage when the weather permits but for now you can compare the engine note with how it used to be and how it is now. So far I am impressed.

Before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWzteAXOstE

After: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOlg3jUYjyM

have you tried a old plug from the garage for a washer ...
if all else fails the cj8 from supercheep works an is 4 bux
ohhh i have the chainless rocksolid with the worked 50cc an billet head ,cover an inlet
all rocksolid ....
only pipe is mbb imports the long street poo poo but lost 10kmh top speed an gained my hearin..yipee
next is a 36 tooth rear sprocket
bike done 1500 km
an i just broke my accel on handle ..bloody cheep plastic
to fix a whole 10 bux from ezicycles in artamon

That sounds like a sweet ride dude. Their chainless system is awesome. How do you find it? If it were possible I would love a chainless version of their chopper and some way to still have a shift kit :D
I got my engine through MBB and have done a touch over 600kms on it. I havent broken anything yet except an engine mount but shes all good now.
I'll keep the washer and different plug ideas in mind. At the moment my modified plug seems to do the trick and supposedly side cut plugs give more power. If it flogs out really quick though Ill have to try something else out.

bike is brillant .only no chainless for a 24inch wh Picture 15.jpgeel only for the 26...

Back