Rode my Whizzer Today

Hi Zombie & Bill,

The Suzuki piston setup was supposed to remain a secret! I originally used it and told Bill about it. Oh well guess it isn't a secret anymore!

And here is the rest of the story. The piston is from a quad 160 motor, and since keeping it a secret has been ignored here is the part number 12100-02C00-100. It will increase the CCs, but just a little, however it makes the motor more oversqaure and will let it rev slightly higher [my motor will reach 8220 RPMs under load]. The wrist pin is located lower in the piston and reguires the bottom of the cylinder to be cut down. Cutting the bottom of the cylinder is a serious event because the cylinder sleeve must be kept intact in order to keep the cylinder & case aligned correctly.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Hi Zombie & Bill,

The Suzuki piston setup was supposed to remain a secret! I originally used it and told Bill about it. Oh well guess it isn't a secret anymore!
Hey Quenton
Who is in charge of the 14,000rpm HS engine project? Will this piston work there too?

lol

Just kidding everyone but I am sure that at some point someone will try to hit that mark.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I already have the pipe with the reversed cone and the larger carburetor for the HS motor. Next I will look into a piston [most likely from Weisco]. I also changed the air breather during a Dyno test and found it added another 200 RPMs.

Have fun,

Just thought I would share the pictures from 3 years ago.

Have fun,

Attachments

• 59 MM piston.jpg
    59 MM piston.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 313
  • Whizzer & Suzuki.jpg
    Whizzer & Suzuki.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 329
Sounds like the CAT IS OUT

Next thing you know Quenton will be telling us all how he has a Whizzer AUTO-CLUTCH that will do Wheelees!!... What's that secret??

Hi Zomby,

Hummm, Wheelies, what a great idea! And must use a Whizzer automatic clutch. What I don't have pictures of is when the Whizzer stood up and dropped me on the ground.

To be fair, I used your idea of sand blasting the inside of the hub for better grip. It always did pull wheelies, but with the roughed up hub it lifted much quicker. The clutch in the pictures is a Whizzer automatic clutch, however the ratios were changed to race on a 150 ft drag strip [dirt]. The wheelie machine managed 40.3 MPH @ 8220 RPMs in 150 feet. Check out the ignition system and the "header" pipe

Have fun,

Attachments

• AutoClutch.jpg
    AutoClutch.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Visit to Quenton 012.jpg
    Visit to Quenton 012.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 313
  • UpandAway.jpg
    UpandAway.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Wheelie?

Hey Quenton, where did you get that middle picture? I would have got that picture of the bike on top of you after that wheelie if you wouldn't have jumped up so quick. Notice that his feet are off the ground in that one.
Jay

Suzuki piston?

Also Quenton, I thought you engineered the Suzuki piston set up? Isn't that what you told me a long time ago that you had in your 20" racer?

Hi Jay,

As usual you are correct. When you rode the wheelie machine it was using the Suzuki piston. The same Whizzer managed to clock 66 MPH on the street with a Whizzer automatic clutch but with different ratios. The motor produces so much power I was able to alter the clutch by using a smaller pulley on the drive [smaller than the output side]. The ratios were in the area of 5 X 1 and the motor peaked out at 5600 under the higher gearing load.

Maybe with more time and a little fine tuning I might be able to hit 70 MPH on the street, but of course only a crazy person would try to take a motorbike to that kind of speeds.

Have fun,

Back