ROSS Europia- before and after.

Latest build...I told you I'd get er' done today!
Before-
601_Ross_Europia_1.jpg

After-
601_bike_066_1.jpg

yup...it appeals to me, too: i'm the guy who wears a fatigue-green jacket, has a eureka combat tent and a surplus ALICE pack for "recreation" :devilish:

'joe, that is a honey of a bike, it looks like something you'd see on "mail-call"...nice work 8)

let us know how the engine paint holds up.

Paint on the exhaust??? Is that safe? considering how much hotter they get than any other part on these engines? (from my experience)

JosephGarcia said:
Paint on the exhaust??? Is that safe? considering how much hotter they get than any other part on these engines? (from my experience)

I see no problem with it... worst comes to worser it will just melt off or burn off right :D

Thanks all.

I wanted to test a couple of things, one being the "regular" paint on the engine/exhaust. I didn't want to paint it all flat black, so I thought about what monocromatic color scheme would look good and I figured spraying it olive drab was one way to go. I was going to add a red star (Chinese Army) to the tank, but couldn't find one, then the thought kinda faded away....that leave it open to interpertaion anyway.

I doubt the exhaust paint will hold up though.

Now the bad news- I waited a week to get the tensioner from dax (the kit came without one) finally got it yesterday and the danged thing won't work! The frame tubes are too small and when it's tightened all the way, it isn't even close to tight.

Sooooo, I cut a few extra links out of the chain and put it on and it grinds on the same (skinny) tube. Not sure what I'm gonna do now. I tried using spacers and it still rubs on the lower frame rail.

I may have to "decommision" the bike and use the engine on another I have here. At least I'll have a strangely beautiful pseudo military bicycle, and I may even do the same paint treatment to the Murray Westport I have waiting in the wings....as soon as I find a set of wheels to put on it. :cry:

It was a fun build, as they all are, and I still have the trusty Western Flyer to ride for now. It gets new tires tomorrow.

Here's a couple more, thanks for indulging me...
601_bike_067_1.jpg

601_bike_068_1.jpg

any chance of finding a flat "shim" to get the tensioner to grab the stay?

It's been a long day augi, but you sparked my brain into thinking again.

I DO have some different sized "saddles" from ultralight tubing and some curved washers....as soon as I get another masterlink from the bike shop so I can "re-add" the section of chain I took out, I think that might fix 'er.

Thanks!

Back