Rotary 2 stroke fuel mix ratio???

rooooboy

Local time
9:36 PM
hi guys,
I recently purschased a second hand 2 stroke rotary engine. the ptrvious owner assured me he ran 25:1, as far as i can see from the manudacturer they recomend 50;1.

i am a little concearned this may not be enough lubrication?

any help or advice as i have just purschased thiis great bike.

also anything else i should look out for???

25:1 is twice as much oil as 50:1, exceeding the manufacturer specs for oil ratio is a common practice. More oil won't hurt anything, where less oil will.

I run mine according to manufacturers book., 50:1 using high quality 2-stroke oil.
Currently I'm using Castrol Activ 2T Jaso FC
I have tried others, but it seems to like Castrol.
Amsoil distributors say I can go to 75:1, but that's a choice owners have to make themselves, check with Rotary Australia.

Note:
MUST, use only genuine Bosch Spark Plug, WR10FC.
The "R" is of most significance, stands for "Resistor".
If you don't have that plug, it can fry the CDI instantly or while riding.

Don't even attempt to start it if it ain't got the right spark plug.

Gear Lube oil incase you don't know is SAE90.

All the Best

Last edited:
there is a thread poll -- recommended 2 stroke oil mixture is ??

yes -- there has been much shared regarding this matter

I like to keep them a little rich -- but -- that's just me

as I ride my MB thing

Last edited:
Running more than recommended oil ratio can cause the apex seals to stick. Running too rich oil mixture leans the air/fuel ratio and not good for a rotary. Rotaries typically run richer air/fuel mixture to reduce risk of detonation which can cause sudden engine failure. Detonation is very unforgiving on a rotary engine.

I think we need a clarification as to whether this is a 2 stroke wankel type rotary or rotary/disc valve piston engine.
Only a handful of manufacturers ever built Wankel engine type motorcycles, the engine were of size and capacity a little big for a mb.

Old Bob: I think we need a clarification as to whether this is a 2 stroke wankel type rotary or rotary/disc valve piston engine.
Only a handful of manufacturers ever built Wankel engine type motorcycles, the engine were of size and capacity a little big for a mb.

2 Stroke engine, similar to a Sachs, just the name is differant.

Its just a brand name, not a rotary style engine - ie. Piston, 33cc.

The power limiter is in the CDI, the engine itself is capable of (cough) 1.3Kw or so - use a pitbike cdi... Mucho power (well, compared to what it was).

heathyoung:The power limiter is in the CDI, the engine itself is capable of (cough) 1.3Kw or so - use a pitbike cdi... Mucho power (well, compared to what it was).
Thanks
Any pitbike cdi or a specific CDI ? do you have a part number ?

I've drilled some extra "breath" holes where the air filter sits, slight increase in revs.

Back