Rotary Pics

Lemsteraak
If you aren't getting spark, then it is the ignition box, they are really sensitive to a non resistor spark plug and burn out like a light bulb. They are easy to replace, expensive, but easy.

That's what happened, the previous owner took it to various places for fixes, repairs and service, over time it ended up costing more than.....,
I read the manual that came with the bike and it clearly states on bold black about the importance of it's sensitive electrics. With a bag of spare parts that came with the bike and a few old spark plugs, none were the right spark plugs, not even the existing plug on the motor.
So they simply gave up and was about a week away from deciding to take it to the weekend flea markets as a broken down "not going" bike with 2 flat tyres in need of repairs.

When I did some research, phone calls and price hunts for the 2 parts that might have burnt out as you describe, yes, they are expensive depending where one buys the parts from.
So I'm waiting for the parts to arrive and see what goes..., about a week away...,
Easy to repair though as you say, everything is color coded with factory paint, can't go wrong.

I love it !!!

I'm from argentina, and I been looking for this engine for a while... I can not get it here.
Hope very soon we will be able to sale them here.

I really love it!!! :D

I have one of these on my mountain bike and I do love the concept but it is pathetically underpowered. Try comparing the power of a similar 2 stroke motor of 30cc that powers scooters or weedwackers/whippersnippers.. they produce up to 10 times the power of the sachs/rotary. I'm going to pull mine apart and give it to a goped/scooter mechanic and get it fully worked... exhaust, head, whatever it needs and then see what results.. It really cheeses me off that the lazy thing needs my help up hills!
Darren

man my 30CC whipper snipper ( weed wacker ) does 30mph and climbs a 35 degree angle hill no worries, its friction driven which is amazing to be climbing step hills will no strain on the motor.

Back