Rough Draft-

WE GOT A RUNNER!!!

601_bike_006_1.jpg

Yes, that's me 7 tattoos and all. One says ROCK-N-ROLL, yeah I was young once and in a band for years and years....

That's the Western Flyer bike I picked up for 35 bucks.

Nice bike, Bikeguy Joe. I like the older ones. Be on the lookout for stress cracks on the frame though. I had an old Evans that I was happy with until a few days ago when the down tube broke. Must be a combination of the extra weight of the engine plus vibration putting too much stress on the old metal. Just be careful.

the classic look...it's like bike and kit were made for each other.

nice work joe, it looks great 8)

(i see a possible prob, tho...keep a close eye on that chain idler, it's not really made to be placed on the torque-side of the chain. if that stay is round, be very careful about the idler rotating into your spokes, resulting in many owwies :cry: )

Thanks guys.

It's more fun than I imagined. I'll keep an eye out for cracking too.
It do vibrate a wee bit! :D

Not sure what I'll use for my next project, but I don't think it will be that old bike my Dad gave me- seems a bit too fragile, plus the coaster brake gave me fits, so I'll more than likely cop out and do a new bike with a derailer. 8)

augidog said:
i see a possible prob, tho...keep a close eye on that chain idler, it's not really made to be placed on the torque-side of the chain.

Thanks for the pointer, that thing was a biotch and a half to get so it would work...I will re-do it though and put it on the "soft side" of the chain run.

One more, this one's for you jeffspeeder-
601_bike_008_2.jpg

Good lookin' Bike, Joe!

Those chain tensioners are a pita. Kinda looks like you could take out some links & get away with not using it at all. Then you'd have to mess with the pedal chain. :unsure: But I'd rather put the tensioner on the pedal side.....since I really don't pedal much!

Glad you're having fun with your new bike!

YES!!!

Thanks Dave, and thanks again augi...I put the tensioner on the bottom run and now it makes 24% LESS NOISE THAN BEFORE. :D Everything is awfully close to everything else now.

I WAS loving it, but the rain cut loose and we are under a tornado watch, so I had to put it away for the night. :(

BTW- DO NOT grab the bare kill switch wire, the voltage goes straight to the nads when you are straddling the tank bar!!!!!! :eek:

No, I'm not kidding.

Bikeguy Joe said:
BTW- DO NOT grab the bare kill switch wire, the voltage goes straight to the nads when you are straddling the tank bar!!!!!! :eek:

No, I'm not kidding.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :LOL:

good to know...thanks!

Back