Rough First Day

H

hooligan

I need some help guys. I recieved my engine kit today (kingsmotors) I could not have been more excited. I get everything out examine it all and found out that the only installation instructions are the ones posted online. These are the same instructions I have been reading for two weeks thinking that they are just a brief run down so that you know what your getting yourself into. I nderstand that some basic mechanical skills are needed however when spending $300 on something I expect details. Either way I figured it out for the most part hopeing that I'm doing it right. There are just a few shady areas I needed a little help with. First how do I shorten the chain? Second I have cords coming out of the throttle (which I'm assuming is for the kill switch) and I have no clue where to attach the cords. One is red and one is black if that helps any. Thanks alot.

Thanks alot guys. I'm just about done with my bike only problem now is the chain is rubbing on the top tube, it rubs very lightly and i have taken the tire off and on. I have taken links in and out of the chain. I just dont know what to do anymore i think i might have just bought a bad bike for this. Any suggestions im all ears. I think im just going to try and start it up anyways? :( Wish me luck

shot us a photo of the rubbing so we can help....you might need to run a chain roller but without seeing it I really cant help

1674_IMG_0538_1.jpg

1674_IMG_0539_1.jpg

Here's the pictures of the chain rubbing, it's the top tube that it's rubbing against

Washers

Put some washers in between the Wheel and the fram put them on untill it does not rub. Hold your horses try not to jump on it and brake anything.

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like you have your sprocket mounted with the dished out perimeter part of the sprocket facing the outside. If that's the case, you might try removing the sprocket and flipping it the other way. It's a bit of work, but it could gain you an 1/8"-1/4" or so of extra clearance. Another thing that might help is installing a spacer on the axle between the wheel and the area of the bike frame where the axle mounts. This can only be done if your axle is long enough for the retaining nut to still grab the threads fully with the spacer added. I had to do this on three cruisers that I built.....I think the spacers I installed were about 1/4" thick and I still had lots enough threads on the axle for the nut to hold properly. In any case, you're gonna have to do something to sort out that chain clearance isue before it starts rubbing through your frame. Let us know how you make out.

Pete

Thanks again, you guys are the best! I really didnt think about any of those things at all...i was all worried thinking i was going to have to buy a new bike, well its late today so ill get some spacers and take that dang sprocket off and flip it around tomorrow. That thing was a pain in the rear too. Seriously i really appreciate your help i was so mad and you guys got me feeling hopeful again.

Sprocket

Ya, looking at that picture again your sprocket does look dished out. It is kind of a hassle to put on there. just make sure you have them all torqued the same, and don't get in a hurry. It's worth all of the trouble

Back