Rough first week

Sounds like either the black (killswitch) wire or the white (lights) wire is grounding out. Also, my kill switch was bad from the beginning and I had to remove it to get spark, so check those items.

The button on the carb is the "tickler" and you only press it to overflow the float chamber....I usually hold it for 2-3 seconds maximum, and then only once.

How do I go about checking to see if those wirse are grounding out? I do know that the Black wire I have grounded to one of the bolts holding the muffler in place is that bad?

say WHAT!?

black to black

blue to blue/green

white capped off or for headlight

insulate all three connections from ground (frame) and each other

guys, i'm not picking on hooligan here...

new members and our guests should realize that all the basics have been covered here many times over...it bothers
me (see my personal mission statement) to see a basic-install go wrong. we try very hard to keep the good stuff available and searchable, have a look around before you grab a wrench or post a new topic. if you use MBc right, i promise you'll be happily surprised at how smooth your build goes 8)

I know you are not picking on me and it seems that i have not read over the prior posts, but the thing is that i had to wait four weeks before i could even order my enigine and during that time i did nothing but read this website and when it came the instructions were terrible so i went on yours alone, now when i have problems i read all that i can here about it and still i am getting nothing, so that is why i am asking to see if more information could be offered that has not been before. Also with all my research it is possible to miss something im not trying to be rude but i do make mistakes

hooligan said:
How do I go about checking to see if those wirse are grounding out? I do know that the Black wire I have grounded to one of the bolts holding the muffler in place is that bad?

Yep, that's bad...that's definitely no going to get you any spark.....

She'll be running any minute now I bet!

So i disconnected the kill switch altogether and wrapped the blue and black wires in electical tape, and still nothing? I have read mixed things about holding the throttle open when releasing the clutch, so I'm going to try it both ways and we'll see what happens

What do you have the blue wire plugged into? What about the black one?

Do you have spark yet?

The blue is plugged into the blue wire coming out of the engine and the black is into the black wire coming out of the engine and the white wire (coming out of the engine)i have wrapped and just hanging. I'm not sure if i have a spark I don't know if im just supposed to pedal with the cluctch pulled or pedal fast and release it like I would if I were to try and start it. I suppose I will just try it both ways.

Back