Rough first week

Alright there is no spark, i have read many defferent ways to do the spark plug test and I am a little unsure as to how I do it exactly, but the way I did was... Took the spark plug out set it to the side put my finger in the spark plug hole engaged the clutch pedaled fast and released the clutch, I almost crashed but felt nothing.

Hooligan, the spark plug base (metal part) needs to make contact with the engine (ground) lay or hold the plug against the cooling fins. mabey even tape it there, you don't need to have your finger in the hole, thats for checking the comperssion. is the sparkplug wire (big fat black one) on the sparkplug? do you know where to look for the spark? you might not be able to see the spark in bright sunlight. try it at dusk, pedal with the clutch engauged. if nothing try a different sparkplug.
....Bob

With the spark plug out, pedal, then engage the clutch. If you hear a nice popping sound things are good. If not, a clutch adjustment may be needed to get things sparking.

hooligan said:
put my finger in the spark plug hole engaged the clutch pedaled fast and released the clutch, I almost crashed but felt nothing.
your finger doesnt go in the spark plug hole at top of motor, it goes into the black boot, that the top of plug fits into. But thats only after you discover you've no spark coming out of plug. No spark at plug...could be plug. change it. use the Search to find replacement plug brands. no spark TO plug...could be CDI or wires. worst case the magneto.
Happy :mrgreen:

I do not think there is a spark, I tried taking the spark plug out of the engine and taped it to the top of the engine while in the boot and I did not see anything and the screw threads were touching the enigine, it was daytime so I'm not positive...I took the magneto cover off and did not see any sign of moisture, I was reading some other post about testing the magneto with a light bulb? I seen some pictures and descriptions of how to do it but I'm still a little unclear...I definately think that it is either the CDI or the magneto...what should I do next?

ok-have u changed the plug? even new, its been said and accepted as fact that the chinese plugs are carp. do that, and still no spark, then put your finger up into the black boot and pedal with clutch disengaged. no spark? unhook your blue wire coming out of engine, hold in fingers or touch blue wire to engine or frame and pedal with clutch disengaged. Now, if you HAVE spark your CDI is prolly bunk. If you DONT, then its prolly magneto.
PS-take a look up into the plug boot and make sure the little (brass?)piece that connects with top of plug is there.
Happy :mrgreen:

Alright, I put my finger in the boot and got no spark, then I held the blue wire in my hand and pedaled it felt like it was sparking but it was very faint hard to tell if it was poking me or sparking so I think thats my CDI...? weird thing though is that it was sparking while i was holding the clutch down and when i released the clutch (as if i were starting it) no spark?

no..there's not much chance you'll feel a spark when you're holding clutch in, because the engine isnt turning over. it's the revolutions of a motor turning over that causes the magneto to create spark. if you held blue wire in fingers while clutch was out (like you were starting it) and didnt get enough spark to know you had it, it may be magneto. I'm out of ideas, i think. anyone care to comment?

Back