Rough first week

Find some local guy that knows about engines, a lawn mower shop, motorcycle shop etc. offer him a six pack to come over and see if he can analyze the situation.

antique-rider said:
Find some local guy that knows about engines, a lawn mower shop, motorcycle shop etc. offer him a six pack to come over and see if he can analyze the situation.

very good call, antique-rider.

might cost ya a 12-pack 8) ...to analyze....make it a 30-pack if he makes it run for ya!! :D a small price to pay!! :)

Have you contacted the seller about replacement parts?

Are you sure everything is wired up right? You DID unhook the black wire from the exhaust, right?

Wait a minute! the black wire and the blue need to be unhooked in order to test the blue wire for a spark? See I left the black wire connected and only unhooked the blue wire and tested it...I also going to buy another spark plug today, I went to Lowes thinking they had stuff for small engines and they did not have the plug i needed so I need to find somewhere else any suggestions?

No, the black wire needs to be connected. Joe simply was inquiring to ensure the black wasnt hooked up to exhaust still. Take the bike to somebody. anybody that might be able to check it out.

WOW I hope my install goes better than yours.

Whenever I get into something that goes south on me I usually try to relax and start checking things from the beginning making sure I understand what needs to be done.
(9 times out of 10 it ends up being a mistake I did and not the equipment)

I run into the most problems when I do something the way I think it needs to be done and not the way it needs to be done.

guests & new members:

every bit of correct info needed to do a basic "happy time" install is here at MBc...spend time reading and doing it right, or spend time asking again and again, and again...your choice.

No i know, I read and double checked everything, trust me it's definately the CDI or the Magneto...I'm going to take it to a mechanic and see whats going on. I contacted the people I bought it from (kings) and I still have not heard back fom them.

Back