Rough first week

H

hooligan

Alright i finally got everything together and moving correctly (i think) now the dang thing will not start. I got the chain working right thanks to everyone here and their great advice.Now i have read the advice given to others and tried to follow all of it, i put a few drops of fuel mix into to spark plug hole, I'm not sure which direction "open" is but i tried moving the carb lever in all directions. I pushed the little button on the carb, now im afraid i pushed it too much because it threw up from pushing it too much :( . I warmed the spark plug up and tilted the bike on its side. I just do not know what to do anymore please help!

For the fuel tap turn it so the lever is in line with the gas line for on. The choke is "on" or closed for starting when in the up position.

The fuel line was opened correctly and the choke i tired up, down and even in the middle. Is there a position better than another? Is it supposed to be up? All it does is make a whuurrr noise and come to a stop. It kind of scares me a little I dont know if thats bad for it or what. I have tried going real fast too, I pushed it to the top of a steep hill and went zooming down and still nothing.

hooligan said:
All it does is make a whuurrr noise and come to a stop.

Mine does that most mornings!.... bit more pedalling and a little throttle with the choke in the up (closed) position and it eventually goes... only takes a few minutes.

There's basically only two reasons an engine wont start...its not getting fuel, or its not getting fire. I think you have two threads (see 'Rough first day') going of the same problem.

yes, DO see the existing topic...duplicating doesn't help anyone, especially your MBc Volunteers.

unlocked after a PM with hooligan.

please, everyone...be technically specific in your subject line in the help area!

Sorry for the confusion everyone. OK so I have put my finger in the engine and I am not feeling a spark. I'm not sure if I am supposed to pedal with the clutch down and then release it to feel the spark or if I am supposed to just pedal with the clutch down. I tried with just the clutch down (not releasing it) because i was afraid of crashing it if I went fast and had my finger in the engine at the same time. I felt nothing. If this is the case what do I do next?

Also about how many times should I be pushing the little button on the side of the carb?

Back