RT/Dellorto Clone carb on a Huasheng 49cc

docjph83

Local time
3:51 AM
Good day! Has anyone used a RT/ Dellorto clone on 49cc Huasheng 4 stroker? I'm having problems with the stock carb, even bought an SBP air filter and did some upjettings but performance has improved slightly, not night and day, more like dawn to morning.

I have both an NT and an RT carb on the garage, I also fabricated a custom intake manifold to fit the 4 stroke intake and the 2 stroker carbs. I know that you would need bigger jets on these carbs.

The NT carb has difficulty in starting the engine, when it does it idles so high and when you twist the throttle it dies
The RT carb starts somewhat easy, idles kind of well but when you twist the throttle it dies.

With both carbs on hand I prefer to tweak the RT carb, what jet did you use to get the optimum performance for this carb?

experimenting my 4 stroker with an HP/Dellorto clone carb. I noticed it dies when you apply a small amount of throttle but would eventually rev up if you twist the throttle slowly

Not the ideal screw, but the ideal jet is to lean. Maybe don't have one, don't know these carbs, just know what is wrong. LOL....curt

Update:none of my jet drilling worked on both NT and RT carbs, it seems jetting these things are a pain in the ass
And mysteriously when I installed my stock carby back, my motor wont fire up, though the stock carb is out une as well cause I installed an SBP airfilter on it, i tried upjetting and down jetting it but no combination works! Now my 4 stroker is grounded, guess I have to wait for that Dellorto #78 jet to arrive and hopefully get it to work on my NT or RT carb,

Back