Rubber vs Silicone Fuel Lines?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
9:02 AM
Ok whats the real major difference in the two ive hear from different sources that silicone just gets eatten up by petrol and i also hear its dosent and works as a more flexable less frictive tubing for a faster fuel delivery is that fact of fiction?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 88
Silicone doesn't get eaten up by petrol; that's PVC, like the stock tubing.
Silicone is what they make flexible muffin cases and even oven gloves out of so it's easy to see it will not dry out too badly, positioned where it is behind/ over the cylinder head.
Silicone is nice and flexible. I don't think rubber can be bent in as tight radiuses without flattening.

I'm using silicone hose for my fuel line and for my exhaust extension, and (the more rigid) fibre reinforced silicone hose for my intake extension.

two important things are seeing color of fuel to be sure mix is right and seeing flow of fuel to be sure it's going thru - line needs to be see-thru for those

Silicone is used as fuel line in nitro rc motors...they dry up in time and harden and can split but its too cheap to replace it to worry about it...just mind the condition and replace it when needed.

sweet so it was a good purchase awesome now breaking in at 16:1 is that good or nay it seemed i was having flooding issues last time i started it im not sure if it could have been possibly bad mix making it not wanna stay firing

I am just running plain old Gates 1/4" fuel hose on mine. With how hard the barbs fit and the fact I'm using squeeze clamps as a precaution I shouldn't have a problem with the hose becoming soft and falling off the barb fittings.

Back