run in a 50cc huashing engine?

joshua97

Local time
7:11 PM
hey guys, just wondering ummm how do i exactly run in the huasheng 50cc engine, i have owned three and for all of them i have just "taken it easy" for the first 100 or so K's then changed oil and thats it.... i have a suspicion I'm doing it all wrong however the motor are still going strong any K's later. I thought maybe the run should be more like the 2 strokes? cheers

What I do with new 4-strokes is fill the crank case to the bottom of the threads with cheapest detergent 30W oil I can find, start it up and let it idle with an occasional 1/2 throttle twist for several minutes.

Then ride it around my test area here which is mostly residential 25MPH, a nice little 'hump' hill and big hill up the mountain, and some stretches to open it up to 50+ MPH if it will do it.

4 or 5 circuits (~1/2 gallon) then drain the initial oil while it is warm and fill it with the same stuff and instruct the customer to change the oil after 2 gallons of gas is run with good quality synthetic oil and just change it once a year or so and you're good.

The MAJOR ISSUE with 4-stroke kits on an MB is what a frigg'n hassle it is to dink with the oil at all.

Just some HS 142F 4-stroke engines on a flat level bike platform tips:

1. Ignore the useless dip stick, fill the oil up until it gets to the threaded barrel just under the bottom thread.

2. Forget the oil drain plug or laying the thing down to drain oil, or some funky funnel thing that doesn't allow you to look into the fill hole for oil level as you fill it.

I have found a big plastic syringe with an 8" or so gas line on the end allows me to do a complete oil change with no mess in about 5 minutes.

oilplunger3.jpg

Just suck the old oil out and put it another oil container to use as chain oil.

oilplunger2.jpg

Then stick it in your new oil container and suck it full and fill the engine back up to the bottom of the cap threads.

The type of syringe or line is not important so long as they will connect together, the important thing is you take gravity out of the process to make it much faster, cleaner and easier to do which is why I include that with new 4-stroke builds.

cheers KC vale and HeadSmess and thanks I'm surprised my motors r still alive now haha, yea u told me about the syringing before i have been doing it and its great man :) i do it on the mower too :) and 50 mph if it will do? how fast r u guys eating flat out mine only pulles 45kph flat out at it's 7,200 rpm redline. tho i use the ****ty china gearbox and a 44t rear sprocket :) thanks

cheers KC vale
...and 50 mph if it will do? how fast r u guys eating flat out mine only pulles 45kph flat out at it's 7,200 rpm redline. tho i use the ****ty china gearbox and a 44t rear sprocket :) thanks
Naw, you won't see 80 KPH on a direct drive 49cc unless you are going down a steep hill but 48 KPH is typical.

Put a JS with a 3-speed however and you can hit 60 KPH.

This topic is right up there as to which oil is best, you'll get 5000 different opinions and none are wrong. Anyways the only thing I never do to a new motor is WOT it for any length of time. Always have had good luck just driving them normally not worrying about revs or speed.

ok awesome :) and sweet web site KCvale :)
Thanks, I have an unfair advantage when it comes to web sites, I have my own stand alone dedicated web server and have been building advanced database driven web sites for 15 years so it wasn't too tough to make my own Motorized Bike site myself and it doesn't cost me a penny other than my yearly $11 domain name registration payment ;-}

Back