Running better?

senorpyz

Local time
2:41 AM
I finally have my thatsdax frame-mounted kit working properly after some minor set backs. However, it's not running very well. How do I tune it to make it run properly?

Also, my carburetor is leaking. Has anyone had this problem?

hmmm.....is it a new engine? Maybe it's rough because it's not broken in. I have two 50ccs. The first one was only mildly rough for a short time. Then it settled down. The second one was rougher for a longer time. At least two full gallons of fuel, maybe three. It was lasting long enough that I was beginning to get worried. Then it settled down, too.

Carburetor: Is the fuel line tight on the nipple? the carbys bowl isn't coming loose? And if the bowl isn't working loose, then you'll want to take it off and make sure that the float isn't bound up.

Those would be the first things I'd check.

yes -- may wish to take your carb apart -- so as to check float sticking ??

you may need more adjustments later -- but for now

just try to get that thing running and break that thing in ((nice))

MM

When you say it's not running well, what do you mean? There is an adjustment to vary the fuel/air mix, but i agree to take care of other issues first. Did you use a fuel filter? If not, junk could be in the carb.

As for the leak, I agree to check the fuel hose- I would use hose clamps at the connections. Also, if you suspect a sticking float, tap the fuel bowl to see if that unsticks it.

Back