Engine Trouble Running Essentials- a complete troubleshooting guide

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
I have a question. Just put new piston,rings,gaskets. But now piston stroke rises too high locking up cause cannot complete it's revolution upto combustion chamber?? What could cause this? Everything the same.?
You have the wrong piston. Look at them side by side. I bet the connecting rod holes are different. That happened to me before.

You have the wrong piston. Look at them side by side. I bet the connecting rod holes are different. That happened to me before.
Thanks for pointing that out to Jeffrey, But someone already gave him the same advice back in 2017 :ROFLMAO:

All joking aside, Welcome to Motoredbikes.com Aaron, I saw you M/B in the Media section
Your the first guy I've seen with his gas tank mounted on the handle bars. Ya got a Cool looking ride.
Why don't ya introduce yourself in the Introduction section and tell us a little about yourself and your cool M/B.

BTW it's a good Idea to check the dates when replying to posts. As you just found out they can be old.

Clutch Slipping
It's possible the clutch is slipping too much to let the engine turn over.
i never knew the transmission would keep the engine from turning over. mine starts with the pull of the cord on the first pull every time. ive never experienced a problem with the engine turning over.

ahhh..was going to say the only problem ive ever had with my bike was it was running rough. come to find out the spark plug wire was rubbing against the cover and wore it down to the inside wire so it was causing it to run rough. was an easy fix. unscrewed the wire and screwed another one in its place. made sure the new one was a little longer to keep it away from the cover.

ahhh..was going to say the only problem ive ever had with my bike was it was running rough. come to find out the spark plug wire was rubbing against the cover and wore it down to the inside wire so it was causing it to run rough. was an easy fix. unscrewed the wire and screwed another one in its place. made sure the new one was a little longer to keep it away from the cover.
For extra protection you can put a piece of heat shrink tubing over the plug wire where it was rubbing.

For extra protection you can put a piece of heat shrink tubing over the plug wire where it was rubbing.
yep did that.. wasnt gonna have that happen again...my mom raised ugly boys not stupid ones...lol..thanks

for a while there i kept getting nails in my rear tire. taking it off to repair it was a real pain. i got the heavy duty tubes, liners for the inside but some would go through. so what i did was i took some slime like i put in my car tires and i put a bunch in the innertube before i aired it up..that seemed to do the trick. got the idea from the store. they were selling tubes that had slime in them. but like all companies trying to maximize profits the tubes they sold with it in it were not of the heavy duty type nor did they put enough slime in it to do what it claimed. doing it myself gave me the ability to do what it was supposed to and it didnt cost me but a dollar or so more. not having to take everything apart and put it all back together was the best part.

what i did was i took some slime like i put in my car tires and i put a bunch in the innertube before i aired it up..that seemed to do the trick. got the idea from the store. they were selling tubes that had slime in them. but like all companies trying to maximize profits the tubes they sold with it in it were not of the heavy duty type nor did they put enough slime in it to do what it claimed.
You must have missed this then, and yes the tubes ARE quite heavy duty and much heavier than stock tubes and have plenty of slime...I live in the high deserts of NM with tumbleweeds, goatheads, and mesquite thorns, I never have flats...DAMIEN

i would make sure to put a cross hatch on the cylinder wall before you assemble it. the cross hatch will make sure that the cylinder wall retains oil. it will give some added protection against seizure next time. ive put over 1,000 miles on my 49cc, im about ready to put on a 3rd set of tires, and have yet to have a single problem.
I have a pair of tires that I have saved as spares that have used only 25% of their tread and have 3000 miles on them.

The set of tires i put on my Zeda 80 Hyper Beach Cruiser have exactly 1123 miles on them as of this moment.

What kind of tires are you using that requires a third set of tires after only 1000 miles???

I'm using Kevlar reinforced tires with super thick self sealing tubes on my bikes.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Spo...Bike-Tire-with-Kevlar-26-x-1-75-Black/5750639

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Su...r-Tube-Schrader-26-x1-75-2-125-30081/49455299

You must have missed this then, and yes the tubes ARE quite heavy duty and much heavier than stock tubes and have plenty of slime...I live in the high deserts of NM with tumbleweeds, goatheads, and mesquite thorns, I never have flats...DAMIEN

yes..i did miss that. run over a nail and tell me there was enough. when i compared the thorn resistant tubes to those being sold with slime in them there was a huge difference. by using the thorn resistant tubes and the slime i put into them i have pulled a nail out and it sealed the hole. the ones that are sold and claim to do that went flat and i pushed my bike home. but that was my experience with that product. i just posted my experience and how i solved the problem. the bigger problem is due to all the construction that goes on where i am and the construction trucks having things fall off them to run over. much like the roads that get torn up by them. everything ends up over to the sides of the road where bikes ride.

Back