running hot... overheating 2 stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
did this yesterday 40:1 no transfer port walls cylinder grubee gt5-es bottomend with 40lbs of tools and 10lbs of lava rock strapped to the rack was slow at first but at about 15mph she screams past 50mph easily im curious if i drop all the tools and backpack how fast iitll be hmmmm😁🤔💨💨🚲 and im curious what my graphite bbushing does at 11k rpm since i dont use needle bearings dont trust em fragile little buggers

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-04-07 043220.jpg
    Annotation 2019-04-07 043220.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
did this yesterday 40:1 no transfer port walls cylinder grubee gt5-es bottomend with 40lbs of tools and 10lbs of lava rock strapped to the rack was slow at first but at about 15mph she screams past 50mph easily im curious if i drop all the tools and backpack how fast iitll be hmmmm😁🤔💨💨🚲 and im curious what my graphite bbushing does at 11k rpm since i dont use needle bearings dont trust em fragile little buggers
I thought of going to bushing but I'm running the needle bearing with bushing-like sides (the cage holding the bearing is alot wider and thicker than the stock pos I got).

I heard peeps say the better needle bearing have less friction, but for long-term, bushings don't self destruct
Sounds about right. The bushing would just wear until the piston starts slapping the head. But I'm expecting to need cylinders on the regular (I already bought one as backup) and my last bearing looks perfect along with a tad bit of wear on the wrist pin (mostly discoloration) so I'll stick with that.

I honestly think that if a bushing really did work better,...for the long term,..at low speeds (like the whole engine was designed for),.. the Chinese would have it in there from the factory. its cheaper to mass produce/manufacture than a roller bearing. its just a single chunk of bronze pipe cut to length and put in a tumbler for a few minutes. these things are for ppl who want to scream/trounce on their motor. that's great until you realize that it isn't a suzuki RM125 motor. its a 60 dollar putter.

I honestly think that if a bushing really did work better,...for the long term,..at low speeds (like the whole engine was designed for),.. the Chinese would have it in there from the factory. its cheaper to mass produce/manufacture than a roller bearing. its just a single chunk of bronze pipe cut to length and put in a tumbler for a few minutes. these things are for ppl who want to scream/trounce on their motor. that's great until you realize that it isn't a suzuki RM125 motor. its a 60 dollar putter.
:ROFLMAO: true. But you also have to remember that 60 dollar putter was machined, balanced, trued, and improved on to become a $450 putter. I have $50 in my pipe, $250 in the bottom end, about $80 in the top end, $50 in the chain and gearing and tensioner, and countless hours and dollars of fabrication work for the exhaust, engine mount studs, etc.

Hence why I promised myself to toss the thing (or sell it) once the bottom end goes and buy a motorcycle

:ROFLMAO: true. But you also have to remember that 60 dollar putter was machined, balanced, trued, and improved on to become a $450 putter. I have $50 in my pipe, $250 in the bottom end, about $80 in the top end, $50 in the chain and gearing and tensioner, and countless hours and dollars of fabrication work for the exhaust, engine mount studs, etc.

Hence why I promised myself to toss the thing (or sell it) once the bottom end goes and buy a motorcycle

I was going to say: $450 putter that can just snap a rod tomorrow. for no apparent reason. I would lose my mind.

Last edited:
ive got evey single mile ive rode on a MB using the same 3 bushings almost 4 yrs never used a NB and all 3 are still in operation and each one have an engine unndder its beltt lmao I ride daily too some days putting 60+ miles or more on it no problems my issues are my OZReed loves leaking where it meets the cylinder and cylinder studs like stripping out and heli coils crack the thread wall inside the crankscase everytime i try using them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back