running no lower muffler, any downsides?

mark20

Local time
3:23 AM
well, my welds snapped on my baffle, so now my bike is straight piped.
are there any downsides besides noise?
and im guessing my neigbors are going to hate me now.

just use some high temp silicone tubing over the the small tube at the end of your muffler.
make sure it is long enought to muffle the exhaust noise.
i think i read somewhere that a person put a screw near the end of the silicone tube and stuffed it with some type of course steel scour pad then put in another screw to keep it from flying out.
alot of options.

just use some high temp silicone tubing over the the small tube at the end of your muffler.
make sure it is long enought to muffle the exhaust noise.
i think i read somewhere that a person put a screw near the end of the silicone tube and stuffed it with some type of course steel scour pad then put in another screw to keep it from flying out.
alot of options.
sorry, i ment that the whole muffler came off (where the weld is)
here, take a look
https://motoredbikes.com/media/20181126_151731-jpg.61599/

I like my muffler end cap off it sounds alot better to me especially cruising at max throttle. Seems to help with acceleration too. Could be a mix of no end cap and the high compression head.

So if I take this end cap off.... It improves performance? Idc how loud it is. Louder the better. People in Florida can't hear sh!t, let alone know pedestrians and bicyclists have the right of way regardless.

Attachments

• 20181130_091244_HDR-1.jpg
    20181130_091244_HDR-1.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 105
So if I take this end cap off.... It improves performance? Idc how loud it is. Louder the better. People in Florida can't hear sh!t, let alone know pedestrians and bicyclists have the right of way regardless.
it actually will!
try it, you will see a definite improvement!

Omfg I love it.... haven't tested top-end speed yet but took it down the block and I could feel a little more acceleration and damn I love that sound but how do I get rid of that screw popping out the bottom?
Do I need to cut it off or would some heavy-heavy duty electrical Dyke Cutters work?

Attachments

• 20181130_121559_HDR-1.jpg
    20181130_121559_HDR-1.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 130
Back