Running rich i think, is this 4 stroking?

AnotherWebUser

Local time
1:39 AM

Here's a video of me riding (i am getting to full full throttle), more to listen to the sound, I'm not sure if this is 4 stroking? I'm pretty sure it's running rich especially after looking at the plug.

It's broken in on a tank and a half of 32:1 over a week or so, now on 50:1. I have moved the c clip to the top notch on the needle (it only has 4 notches, stock was one below top), I replaced the plug when I started using 50:1 and moved the needle as it fouled the spark plug I used for breaking in.

Should I buy jets and swap it out for a smaller one?

Also I am about to install an expansion chamber banana exhaust, I'll let you know if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• 16282472952878861882869959604150.jpg
    16282472952878861882869959604150.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 234
Yup that's 4 stroking. A jet kit like this is what you need. Go smaller until it stops 4 stroking.
Screenshot_20210806-091221_Bing.jpg

Banana exhaust is ok I guess. Your bike will go faster since there's not as much restriction. They aren't real expansion chambers though, you won't get that scavenging effect and all that. It's gonna be really loud without a muffler though.

Thanks for the help, but the only jet kit I can find available here in the UK is this one:

would this be ok or will I need finer adjustments?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The 65 might be close but these engines and carbs are so small the difference between a 67 and 65 is noticeable.

Thanks for the help, but the only jet kit I can find available here in the UK is this one:

would this be ok or will I need finer adjustments?
Those will get the job done, if you find one is a little big then try the smaller one. If it's too small, then drill it out to the half way between mark. You'll need some precision drill bits.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ok I need help again, I ordered the jets I linked above, a set of 5, they were too small, I thought they were 5mm but later found out they were 4mm thread, I then ordered 6mm delorto jets, still thinking the ones I ordered before were 5mm, they arrived today and they are too big, but before I order 5mm jets, I was wondering if dellorto or mikuni jets will work fine? I noticed that the 6mm dellorto jets that came have a shorter depth to the hole, will I be able to correct this by just adjusting the needle? Thanks.

Back