Running too rich

Raamastak

Hello all I'm new here on the forums, after sealing up the air leaks between the intake and carb and intake and cylinder I started to get to Rich of a fuel air mix. After reading Aussie Steve's post about carb tuning I moved the needle adjustment to the leanest point, this helped but I am still running too rich, where do I go from here. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

Timbone

The needle clip settings have no effect on WOT. If you are too rich at the top end and bogging out, then you can put the clip anywhere and it will do nothing for your WOT issue.

Last edited:

6blueoval9

From what I've learned recently your jet size is a .070

You'll want to lower your jet size...I would try maybe a 66 or 67

Raamastak

The needle clip settings have effect on WOT. If you are too rich at the top end and bogging out, then you can put the clip anywhere and it will do nothing for your WOT issue.
So that being said isn't here anything I can do to solve this issuse, also I am new what does wot stand for

6blueoval9

Yes...eBay or Amazon sells them...they usually cost $5 to $6 per jet but you can purchase an entire kit for $15 with jets ranging from .060 to .080 in .001 increments at gasbike