running with no fuel filter?

BostonReefer

Local time
8:52 AM
Hey fellow motorized bike riders,

Broke my fuel filter putting my bike on my car, lame. So waiting on a replacement(well 5) wondering if i could ride without for a little? (20 miles max)

Wondering on the impact on the motor.

Thanks.

fuel filters are a preventative measure, not really an absolute requirement. if your fuel is clean it should be fine

Just mount the new filter as soon as you receive it. Was it a glass filter? I have never broken one.

Just mount the new filter as soon as you receive it. Was it a glass filter? I have never broken one.

The actual filter chamber did not break it was the barb that connects the fuel line that snapped off.

Accidentally wrapped the strap used to secure onto car around gas line and when i winched it tight :(

Fuel filter

The actual filter chamber did not break it was the barb that connects the fuel line that snapped off.

Accidentally wrapped the strap used to secure onto car around gas line and when i winched it tight :(

Hello actually there is a filter in the fuel tank but that doesn't get all the dirt and without the in-line fuel filter that dirt goes through the stock carb and clogs the tiny jet and the bike starts bobbing out. So I advise you to wait on the fuel filter or just go down to the local law mower shop and get one for under 5 bucks

hope that helped
-Access Motorized Cycles

All info helps guys thanks.
Should have mentioned that it was an inline fuel filter, didn`t realize there is one in the tank as well.

Couldnt find one at my lhs will look further cause im fienin on ridin.

Back