Fuel Mixture Running without fuel filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikingimike01

Local time
3:33 AM
Hello forum!

I was wondering, how would running without the fuel filter affect the engine? I had it off for about half a gas tank (Didn't run since and won't for some time) because it was only trouble. It was leaking all over the carb, it lost it's colour to the sun and became fully white (That's not an issue I know) and some of it's parts have shrinked a bit. I tried to clamp it to the fuel pipe with black plastic instant clamps (The ones that you just need to fasten with hand by pulling)

It once even fell apart spilling gas all over my engine and it vapourised and the hot fumes blew into my face (Was lucky, didn't ignite...)

Also my fuel line shrinks and even hardens up. The cheap plastic see trough one with the kit. Does it affect how much gas the engine gets? I'm going to get quality ones though.

all it does is stop crap from going into carb - if there is no crap, you're OK, with crap, you'll need to clean out carb a lot (crap includes rust & paint flecks from inside tank)

Right, thanks. Am I better off buying a bigger one, or a quality one that's not designed for this engine, but i can adapt it to this engine?

be aware that with fuel injection requiring a LOT of pressure in cars, many filters sold in auto parts stores just won't flow enough - get one for small utility engines

Okay, will do. I'll go to the cars part store to get one SPECIFICALLY for a small 2 stroke 66cc engine, maybe they will help. Thanks.

What about the pipes hardening? Is it because of the gas? Worth buying quality pipes?

The autozone near me has 1/4" fuel filters that are a step bigger than the tiny ones included in the kits for under $3 that work great. Some are straight through like the stock one, and some have the outlet offset or even angled that work well on mountain bikes that have the engine tilted forward.

Like stated though, make sure it is a clear low pressure one so you can visually see if the carb is starving from a clogged one and it won't be too restrictive for a gravity fed oil+gas mix.

The vinyl tubing gets hard because that is just what vinyl likes to do, especially in sunlight. Yeah the filters found near the weedwhackers in home depot will work, and so will most small ones at the auto stores near their small engine sparkplugs and accessories.

Fuel filters can save you some trouble as pointed out before, a simple clog can run the engine lean and that could toast a motor. If you have a clean tank it usually won't do anything worth thinking about on these engines, they die long before the crummy fuel can make them mushy and confetti filled.

Thanks, i'll buy the oil filter, and i'll buy the high quality pipes too.

all it does is stop crap from going into carb - if there is no crap, you're OK, with crap, you'll need to clean out carb a lot (crap includes rust & paint flecks from inside tank)
Go down to an auto parts store expend a buck for black rubber they never harden I think they have them in 3/16" if not your force to use 1/4" buy band clamps you'll need four.
Why it does not run after running it without filter its about thousand to one something got in the fuel system might be something else like a vacuum leak if you got a HP carb with black radiator hose shove it up its ass again with crazy glue then screw the f*** out of the 2 wedding bands.

Go down to an auto parts store expend a buck for black rubber they never harden I think they have them in 3/16" if not your force to use 1/4" buy band clamps you'll need four.
Why it does not run after running it without filter its about thousand to one something got in the fuel system might be something else like a vacuum leak if you got a HP carb with black radiator hose shove it up its ass again with crazy glue then screw the f*** out of the 2 wedding bands.
I like it when he gets saucy. He must be hyped up on drugs, the black ones get just as hard as the clear ones, it just takes longer, can't say how he made that mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back