Runwell Spark Plugs - Looking For Information

yuckfoo

Local time
5:52 AM
My kit came with a Runwell spark plug, no numbers, no marks on it. I accidentally put it in one day instead of the NGK BR6HS plugs that I bought. It ran better that day and the electrode on the plug never changed color. It looked almost brand new after 6 miles of riding. I had to change my large and small clutch gears. Maybe it has something to do with that but the motor doesn't seem to be running as well now after changing the gears and putting an NGK plug in. Tomorrow I'm bringing the Runwell plug out with me and will swap to it after awhile and see how she runs.

The other thing about the Runwell plugs is the threaded end is about 3mm or 4mm shorter from the crush plug to the electrode. If the Runwell does seem to run better tomorrow I'd like to either know where I can buy them or if there is another plug out there that matches it better than the NGK BR6HS.

this might help:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Are these to change the depth of the plug in the head?
Oh ...I see these are to index the plug so that the open end of the electrode is pointing towards the intake. Hmm. I'll have to mark my Runwell and the NGK plugs and see where the open end winds up with both these plugs.

Properly-indexed-spark1.jpg

As far as your little bit of power loss, give your new gears a chance to seat in/break in, then it will free up & run better. As for plug, how bout a few pics to show the differences.

As far as your little bit of power loss, give your new gears a chance to seat in/break in, then it will free up & run better. As for plug, how bout a few pics to show the differences.
I'll have to do that tomorrow when I have better lighting and can break out the better camera. The biggest difference is that the Runwell has few threads and the distance from the crush ring to the electrode is about 3mm to 4mm less than the NGK.

Actually the NGK plug that we use isn't the exact right plug for these engines, they are a little longer and gives you a bit more compression. The right plug is a small engine plug, but I don't remember which one it is.

Actually the NGK plug that we use isn't the exact right plug for these engines, they are a little longer and gives you a bit more compression. The right plug is a small engine plug, but I don't remember which one it is.
I believe this is the plug your referring to Chainlube.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I believe this is the plug your referring to Chainlube.

I went 32 miles today around Valley Forge Park for my new video series. Used the NGK. Tomorrow I'll put that Runwell back in. I don't know if it's because of that spark plug, but the day I accidentally put in that Runwell was the best it's run so far. And the fastest.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back