Russian depression and my oncoming third attempt at a motorized bike

Hey people, there's an update on the whole bike buisness. I have completed a few repair orders and saved up some money to buy a true soviet D-4 engine with bike.
1649178389721.png

The carburettor goes down into the crank case and the engine's year of manufacture is 1957. It runs.
1649178495673.png

The ignition cover from a china girl kinda fits but I'll have to grind it down about 5 mil to clear the pedal crank.
1649178600252.png

Hey people, there's an update on the whole bike buisness. I have completed a few repair orders and saved up some money to buy a true soviet D-4 engine with bike.View attachment 170962

The carburettor goes down into the crank case and the engine's year of manufacture is 1957. It runs.
View attachment 170963
The ignition cover from a china girl kinda fits but I'll have to grind it down about 5 mil to clear the pedal crank.
View attachment 170964
Sweet! That engine reminds me of the Russian m-21 engine. Well were all here hoping things go good for you. Cant wait to hear more about it as things progress.

(on the schwinn frame I had to abandon the large tires because they don't clear even the fork and the 60t sprocket as the chain does not fit that way)
Anyway there will be a video of me ripping down some road on these machines when the snow melts. It's really slushy here and any throttle input would just send me into a puddle basically

I don't miss points at all, PIA! Last points car I had I needed to carry around an extra set to change every 10k miles or so. Could happen at night or any time of day. They just wore, the plastic cam that rode on the shaft just didn't last. Yes I used the grease they provided.

I don't miss points at all, PIA! Last points car I had I needed to carry around an extra set to change every 10k miles or so. Could happen at night or any time of day. They just wore, the plastic cam that rode on the shaft just didn't last. Yes I used the grease they provided.
That's where you went wrong, you used the grease they gave you, instead of getting the good stuff.

Back