Rusty Spokes Suspension Beach Cruiser

every bike I work on gets strapped to bench and run WOT so I can watch chain movement - I consider that a requirement before handing it to a customer

Is it a regular or semi stretch version? Kool bike, like crassius said need a jack shaft at the pivot point, to keep the chain from jumping. Or like said shift kit the sprockets fit right on the crank, with the option of shifting the rear wheel................Curt

The SBP Shift Kit's mount bracket could be used for mounting the top end of a really decent mountain bike shock. Imagine this bike with six inches of plush progressive suspension mmm floatyyy :D

Seems to have good travel as it is, Getting the old head gears a turning. LOL........Curt

Even a jackshaft won't work, bottom bracket moves in reference to the frame, the stretch uses a jackshaft it the swingarm pivot that would work.

Nah jack shaft doesn’t look workable

Ideally the front sproket needs to be the pivoting point for the swing arm

I take it the first pic is the bike you want to motorize, if you use the standard left side drive, get the motor as low as possible and use a spring loaded tensioner it should work

Back