Rusty Spokes Suspension Beach Cruiser

Can take speed bumps at a decent speed. Due to the motor being where it sits will install auto clutch once fully broken in since both sides clear the pedals. Already have the pull start working. 20180128_144900.jpg 20180128_144853.jpg
20180128_144900.jpg
20180128_144853.jpg

Im pretty new to this whole motored bike idea. I just bought a roadmaster with a sd stinger installed. Its fun but now im hooked and want to add full suspension or late 90s softail.

Can u still buy these bikes anywhere? What about customizing your own softail? I work at a welding shop so i have tools and material. Just been brainstorming thus far.

I really like that tensioner setup

Attachments

• 20180328_102918.jpg
    20180328_102918.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 153
Im pretty new to this whole motored bike idea. I just bought a roadmaster with a sd stinger installed. Its fun but now im hooked and want to add full suspension or late 90s softail.

Can u still buy these bikes anywhere? What about customizing your own softail? I work at a welding shop so i have tools and material. Just been brainstorming thus far.
Nice Roadmaster, Did you build that or buy it in that form? My very second build was that same bike that I picked up on black friday special for around 69$.

I really like that tensioner setup
As for the bike I used here the full suspension beach cruiser build. That bike is readily available to on Amazon just look up Rusty spokes on there. Unfortunately tho, you will have to figure out a different tensioning method. The build had a good run and I romped that suspension to the max, even went down flights of stairs with it, but ultimately the bracket I used on the engine (where the tensioner attaches to the engine) managed to crack from all the heavy spring tensioniong. Great bike, Great suspension travel, but some welding might be necessary to add a standalone tensioner. One that does not depend on the motor housing for anchor points.

Last edited:
This is going to sound overcomplicated, but what if you had a tensioner that was controlled by the swing arm, have a set of linkages to move the tensioner so that when the swing arm moved up and down the tensioner moved with it, at the correct rate to keep tension on the chain.

you are talking about 4 bar linkage chain tensioner which my previous bike had 98 gt lts 4000

I think theres a photo of it some where on here

Back