rusty.western.flyer Now on the pipe!

Hello,

This is my second motorized bike build, the first was a Dolomite fat tire, but it was stolen. Grr, guess they needed it more than me. Have to dig for pic of that one, but anywho....

Just installed a China girl on the Western Flyer Newsboy Special....

Attachments

• 20211011_194729.jpg
    20211011_194729.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 2,365
  • 20211011_191329.jpg
    20211011_191329.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 20211012_180058~2.jpg
    20211012_180058~2.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 191
Yeah I here you there. Them shows ruined the good ole days of buying stuff reasonable.

Western Flyers aren't worth much. Here's one on eBay for less than 200 clams, delivered.

Mine has a kind of cool back story. I've been leasing the same industrial space for almost 11yrs now. My neighbor is a cabinet maker and hobbyist scrap collector. The owner of the building adjacent to us passed last year and this bike was bought brand new by him and parked behind the shop. Well, there it sat for 30-something years. While cleaning out the bays, the neighbor (cabinet maker/scrapper guy) pulled Rusty from the weeds. Still had the OEM rubber and all, but was missing a seat. He asked if I wanted it, and of course I nabbed it. Sat in my shop for about a year. Was starting to build a beach cruiser for a motor install, but decided the cool factor of Rusty was worth changing directions.

Started a new build last night, but will wait for more progress before showing it off.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Not really a deal compared to buying a 2021 new bike
How much do ya think it's gonna cost to make that old rusted worn out bike new again?

Restoring old bikes is done out of love

That looks like 1950s. Not a Murray frame. It’s great that you have the original tank too. Great motorbike.

What are you talking about? Rusty knocked off the paint and let it rust. Read the story, not the pictures.
I think wheelbender is talking about the Fake tank that would fit under the top frame tube

I never saw anything like that in those pics.
Excuse me, I reread again and wheelbender called the CG tank the original tank?
My Bad, I thought that the Modern CG tank was so obvious that wheelbender must of been talking about a fake tank.
Maybe calling the CG tank the original was wheelbenders way of giving rusty a compliment for a good job on making it look old?

Maybe wheelbender might come back and clear this up?

Back