s**t idk

selftaught

Local time
10:36 AM
What should bike do when i pull in clutch If im pushing it to its limit? Go in neutral right?
. Bike feels like its going by itself when i let off throttle if im going fast and when i pull in clutch to coast and try to slow down some it revs even higher and instantly all i think to myself is how horrible of an idea it was to do that every time i do it. Them when i let go of it bike feels like it wants to buck me off of it. Im not squeezing it hard and fast either. Whould running lean make it do that?
20230527_013319.jpg

You likely have one of two scenarios going on.

1. The throttle, throttle cable, or throttle slide of the carburetor is binding/hanging up when going past a certain point of the throttle sweep. This is easy enough to check when stationary.

2. You have an air leak somewhere. The intake is the most common place, at the socket where the carb connects to the manifold. Other common spots include; the base gasket for the cylinder - usually caused by not re-torquing the head nuts during break in as they come loose from heat cycles, and/or the crank seals - not common with new engines, but they can sometimes be damaged during assembly.

Also, I noticed how excessively long your throttle cable is. I prefer to use this cable from a CG125 Honda motorcycle as it is only about 3ft long, which is a good bit shorter than what comes in the kits and is MUCH more manageable. Obviously, you do want to measure to know for sure if it will work for your frame and bars (a bit of wire or string of the same length). Beats the heck out of trying to shorten the stock one and messing around with solder, and for less than 10 bucks. I had to tweak the barrel end for the throttle a teeny bit on mine with a small file, but that was likely just due to poor quality control on the barrel end.
Link:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Every time I read a thread about people having clutch issues I am glad I have a bt80 with a centrifugal clutch. I sometimes envy the clutched engines, but in that perspective my bt80 is simpler

Every time I read a thread about people having clutch issues I am glad I have a bt80 with a centrifugal clutch. I sometimes envy the clutched engines, but in that perspective my bt80 is simpler
The clutch isn't the issue in this case, and if what happens to his engine did so with yours you would be accelerating against your will with the only option to stop being to kill the ignition.

The clutch isn't the issue in this case, and if what happens to his engine did so with yours you would be accelerating against your will with the only option to stop being to kill the ignition.
Yeah, I know. I am just stating I like the simplicity of the centrifugal clutch

Also, I noticed how excessively long your throttle cable is. I prefer to use this cable from a CG125 Honda motorcycle as it is only about 3ft long, which is a good bit shorter than what comes in the kits and is MUCH more manageable. Obviously, you do want to measure to know for sure if it will work for your frame and bars (a bit of wire or string of the same length). Beats the heck out of trying to shorten the stock one and messing around with solder, and for less than 10 bucks. I had to tweak the barrel end for the throttle a teeny bit on mine with a small file, but that was likely just due to poor quality control on the barrel end.
Link:
You likely have one of two scenarios going on.

1. The throttle, throttle cable, or throttle slide of the carburetor is binding/hanging up when going past a certain point of the throttle sweep. This is easy enough to check when stationary.

2. You have an air leak somewhere. The intake is the most common place, at the socket where the carb connects to the manifold. Other common spots include; the base gasket for the cylinder - usually caused by not re-torquing the head nuts during break in as they come loose from heat cycles, and/or the crank seals - not common with new engines, but they can sometimes be damaged during assembly.
Thanks.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back